VENICE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES CHECKLIST!
- Muscle Beach Gym:
Outdoor gym with free weights, machines, power rack, powerlifting bumpers & more. Bodybuilder Hall of Fame also found here. $10 day pass. 7 DAY PASS: $50. Year pass: $200..
- Basketball courts: 3 regulation & 1 stadium size court..
- Boxing area: 6 speedbag platforms, 2 heavy bag areas..
- Gymnastic Area: Also know as the “sand pit” includes two rings set, high & low parallel bars, balance bar, horizontal bar, and 2 climbing ropes.
- Venice Skatepark: 27,000 sq. foot park. Two bowls, snake run, rails, stairs..
- Roller Skate Plaza: Live D.J. and dancing every weekend..
- Handball courts: 4 three wall courts and 3 one wall courts..
- Paddle Tennis courts: 11 courts.
Play a game of Paddle tennis or run the sand dunes! #VeniceBeachFun
3. Ride or skate the bike path! The bike path that runs along the beach spans 17 miles, from Pacific Palisades to the Palos Verdes peninsula. No pedestrians on path! Need a bike, skate or board for a day?
- Jay’s Rentals: Jay’s has bikes, tandems, blades and skates for cruising the path. Rent hourly or by the day. And, when you are done they can teach you to surf! 1501 Ocean Front Walk Venice, CA (310) 392-7306. Ask them about their $15 all day rental special
- Maui and Sons: Rent a skateboard, take a lesson and drop into the big bowl at the Venice Skate Park! Maui and Sons is the only place in the V that gives full on skate lessons. They will equip you and show you how it done! Or, you can rent a board and skate the bike path. Either way it will be rad! And, they also do full package surf lessons! 1415 Oceanfront Walk Venice, CA (310) 392- 6284.
4. Do some yoga and spinning at YAS Fitness Center! Founded in Venice in 2001 by Kimberly Fowler, YAS was the first studio anywhere dedicated to the combination of spinning and yoga, sparking the yoga hybrid movement that has since swept the nation. www.Go2YAS.com
10. Want to take a surf lesson? Check out Jay’s rentals or Maui and Sons! They both have packages that include wet suits, boards and a qualified instructor. And, they also have body boards, beach supplies and more!
11. Ride a Segway or beach cruiser up the beach on the sand! That is right, the Segway at Venice Segway Rentals is an off road model perfect for the beach. And, Jay’s Rentals has fat tire beach cruisers designed for cruising the shoreline!
Click on menu below.