Historical Windward Ave. was once a giant waterway, part of the Abbot Kinney’s replica of the canals of Venice, Italy! Now it is home to great dining, bars and nightlife, as well a dispensaries, coffee shops, local fashion and more!
PARKING: Metered parking on Windward Ave. Parking lots on Windward Ave and Speedway. Free valet for lunch during the week at Hama Sushi
WINDWARD AVE. ATTRACTIONS:
Home of the Venice Sign
Robert Gramhams’s Venice torso
Venice famous colonnade
Street Murals: “Hobnobbing in Venice”, Touch of Evil, and “Kinesis”.
- Take a photo at the Venice Sign: Spanning across Windward Avenue at Pacific, the VENICE Sign in lights is a modern day replica of the one originally installed in 1905 by Venice’s founder Abbot Kinney. It is a defining symbol of Venice, past and present. In 2007, the Venice Sign Restoration Project recreated and installed the contemporary version of this historic sign. Since that time the Venice Chamber has been responsible for the sign and for protecting its trademark. Click here for more info!
- Rent a bike at Jay’s rentals and explore the town. Or take a surf lesson with one of their qualified instructors and come out of the water with some rippin’ memories of getting barreled at Breakwater. For a map of Venice and complete list of outdoor activities to do on your bike, check out the VisitVeniceCA.com activities checklist.
- Live music Thurs. Open mic Wed. Trivia Tuesday, and Bingo Monday! Also shows sports and had a great happy hour at Surfside Venice.
- Hamawood, sushi, surf movies, happy hour, and 2 hour free lunch parking at Hama Sushi
- Visit High Rooftop Lounge! Full bar atop Hotel Erwin overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Venice! High is the premiere Venice Beach open-air rooftop lounge, where the nightly sunset is the main event. 1967 Pacific Ave. (By the Venice Sign)
- Have sushi and sake at Hama Sushi! Hama Sushi was founded in 1979 and was one of the first authentic Japanese Sushi restaurants in the United States! 213 Windward Ave.
- Buy some medical marijuana at Green Goddess Collective. They have daily specials, a vast array of edibles, vapor gear and free valet parking on the weekend! DAILY HAPPY HOUR from 4-5 p.m. =15% off of selected 1/8’s.
- Have a craft cocktail at the Townhouse -Del Monte Speakeasy! Venice’s oldest bar was once a prohibition speakeasy! 52 Windward Ave.
- Get a smoothie or wheatgrass shot at Windward Farms.
- Get some vintage clothes at Gotta Have It consignment.
- Rent a bike or surfboard at Jay’s rentals