BOYS & GIRLS CLUB MISSION:
Here is a message from the BGCV.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- A safe place to learn and grow
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences
- Hope and opportunity
WHERE WE SERVE:
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Venice was established as a VISTA project on Venice Beach in 1967 and began providing services the following year
- Since then we have grown significantly
- Today we operate out of five facilities – our main facility, the James A. Collins Unit, and four satellite sites on the campuses of Coeur d’Alene Elementary School, Short Avenue Elementary School, Mark Twain Middle School, and Venice High School. This year we are expanding our programming to Hamilton High School through a partnership with the JK Living Foundation
OUR APPROACH – YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
Our staff and programs come together to create stability, consistency, and a sense of physical and emotional safety for our members. Our youth development professionals serve each day as positive role models who provide ongoing caring relationships with our youth. They work to develop moral character and instill a sense of belonging, competence, usefulness, and influence. Staff members make the Club feel like home, fostering a family atmosphere and creating a sense of ownership for members.
UPCOMING BGCV EVENT:
Join us for the first ever Brennan’s Taco Tuesday with Drink Specials and Cornhole Tournament! Our GOAL is to raise $2,400 to SPONSOR 3 KIDS FOR A YEAR! RSVP @ 424.281.4851 or [email protected] Details here.
About Brennan’s: Combining the traditions of the past with a few new ideas, Brennan’s strives to be the premier beach city restaurant for entertaining visitors, grabbing a drink with friends for the game or dining with your loved ones. We promote the improvement of our community and the people in it. We pride ourselves on presenting a menu and environment for locals, visitors and everything in between. Best of all, we do it with the perfect pint, one turtle race at a time! 4089 Lincoln Blvd. Marina del Rey, California. BrennansLA.com
For more info: BGCV.org