Congratulations to Tony Palermo, as in Tony P.’s Dockside Grill, who is set to receive the Elizabeth Burns Lifetime Achievement Award from the California Restaurant Association on June 8, 2018.
It is hard to think of a person more committed to making a positive impact around town than Tony Palermo! The guy is tireless, awesome, and a favorite of the community.
Anyone who knows Tony understands that he is an obvious choice to receive the California Restaurant Association’s highest honor! View Tony’s long list of community contributions and awards below.
Here is a message from the California Restaurant Association.
For the past 21 years, the Los Angeles Chapter of the California Restaurant Association (CRA) has been hosting e Elizabeth Burns Lifetime Achievement Award. Ms. Burns was the first female president of the CRA—a true leader and pioneer in the restaurant industry, and a noted philanthropist.
The yearly honoree is more than just a great restaurant operator, but someone who gives back to their community and works to advance the goals of the CRA. This event has become a premiere celebration for the CRA, and has honored legends in our industry, including Russ Bendel of the Habit, Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken of Border Grill, Piero Selvaggio of Valentino, The Porto Family of Porto Bakery and Cafes, Madelyn Alfano of Maria’s Italian Kitchen, Andy Camacho of Camacho’s Cantina, Jeff King of King’s Fish House, and Selwyn Yosslowitz of Marmalade Cafes.
The funds raised from the awards dinner support the culinary arts and hospitality management programs at many local high schools and colleges.
We supply books, field trips, and teacher curriculum. This wonderful program has helped countless dedicated students, who previously might never have had the opportunity to work in this industry that we all love and dedicate our lives to. We feel extremely fortunate and honored to be able to pay it forward and make such a huge difference in so many young lives.
Join Tony on Friday June 8, 2018 at Hotel Casa Del Mar in the acknowledgement and celebration of Tony and all that he has accomplished!
View event flyer below.
About Tony Palermo:
An active resident of Westchester and co-owner of Tony P’s Dockside Grill in Marina del Rey, Tony Palermo is dedicated to community service on both a personal and business level. Palermo served as a board member of the Santa Monica Convention and Visitors Bureau for five years and was chairman for two years. His efforts have helped the bureau play a key role in attracting new business to the area and generating tax revenue.
Active in the redevelopment of the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, Palermo played a significant role in the Promenade’s maturity as one of the Westside’s chief attractions. He has served for five years on the Board of the Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce, including two years as Vice President. Served as Chairman of the Board of the LAX Coastal Area Chamber of Commerce for the 2012 / 2013 year. He has served mutable terms on both the board and the Executive Board for the LAX Area Chamber of Commerce. He also serves on the Marina del Rey Convention and Visitors Bureau. Tony was on their executive board and served as Treasury. He was a founding member of the Santa Monica College Trade and Tourism Advisory Committee, the Playa Sunrise Rotary Club and the Marina del Rey Sheriff’s Station Support Unit as well as having served on the Marina del Rey Sheriff’s Station Community Advisory Committee.
Professionally, Palermo served from 2004 to 2018 on the State Board for the California Restaurant Association, the largest and longest serving nonprofit restaurant trade association in the nation representing more than 88,000 food service establishments in the Golden State. He served for two years as President of the Los Angeles Chapter of the California Restaurant Association (2006-2007), having previously served 2 years as that organization’s Vice President. Tony now sits on the L.A. Chapter Board with the great title of Past President.
Tony P’s Dockside Grill, owned by Palermo and his partner Danny Ringwood, has become a fixture in the community, sponsoring everything from youth athletic teams and the annual Fourth of July Parade in Westchester to the annual Santa Claus tour of the neighborhood and local schools.
AWARDS WON BY TONY PALERMO! Incredible!
- Co-owner of Tony P’s Dockside Grill in Marina del Rey. This year, Tony P’s is celebrating their 22nd year of operation and has become the place to be!
- Tony P’s Dockside Grill wins an unprecedented seven Best of the Westside in 2015
- 2016 the LA. County Fire Department awarded Tony P’s with a Certificate of appreciation
- In 2015 Tony P’s was awarded the Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition for their participation in High School Art Competitions.
- In 2015 Tony received the Sunrise Community Service Award from Councilmember Mike Bonin
- Tony received a Commendation from Don Knabe the Forth District Los Angeles County Supervisor for his work in the community.
- In 2014 Tony was awarded the Jim Bunch Spirt Award from Assemblymember Steven Bradford and the LAX Chamber of Commerce.
- In 2014 Tony was awarded the “Kids Need Hero’s Community Pillar Award” from the Westchester YMCA.
- 2012. Tony P’s Dockside Grill was awarded the Business of the Year Award from Senator Ted W. Lieu who chairs the Senate Labor Committee and represents the nearly 1 million residents of Senate District 28.
- Tony, with his partner Danny Ringwood, was named California Restaurant Writers Association ’s 2006-2007 Restauranteurs of the Year
- 2006 Boys and Girls Club of Venice’s Community Leader of the Year
- 2003-2004 year. Honorary Mayor of Westchester and Marina del Rey.
- Association’s 2004 Humanitarian of the Year
- 2003 Boys and Girls Club of Venice’s Ambassador for National Kids Day
- 2002, Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo recognized Palermo as the Chamber’s Community Service Award winner.
- 2001. Tony received a Friend of Education Award at the annual Teacher Eddy Awards for his contributions to education.
- 2000 & 2001. Honored by the Westchester/LAX–Marina del Rey Chamber as Outstanding Merchant and the Outstanding Member
In addition, Tony P’s Dockside Grill recently earned its tenth consecutive California Gold Award from the Southern California Restaurant Writers Association. Palermo lives in Westchester with his wife, Lauren, and his two daughters, Francesca and Nicolette.
And be sure and stop by Tony P’s Dockside Grill, grab a cold drink, and give the man himself a high five!
View June 8th event flyer below!