Here is a message from EmpowerLA
To help voters get to the polls on Election Day, Metro Los Angeles and six other local public transit agencies are offering free fares this Tuesday, November 6th.
- 30 minute one-way rides will also be free on Metro’s bike share system – to waive the fee, enter code 1162018.
- See full details and a list of participating agencies at thesource.metro.net
Other companies are offering discounts to voters trying to get to the polls, too, including Uber, Lyft, and Lime.
- Details on discounts and how to access them are available at https://venturebeat.com
Here is a message from our Councilman Mike Bonin!
Polls are open! Make your voice heard today and VOTE!!!
Some quick Election Day reminders:
1. All Metro trains and buses and all LADOT DASH and Commuter Express buses are FREE today.
2. If you need to locate your polling place or see your sample ballot, please visit lavote.net
3. If you experience any problems at your polling place, please report them to https://www.sos.ca.gov/…/publications-and-…/voter-complaint/
4. Parking meters will be free within one block of polling places.
5. Parking time limits will be relaxed within one block of polling places.
6. Parking restrictions due to street cleaning will be suspended within one block of polling places.
7. Permit parking will be suspended within one block of polling places.
8. The first 30 minutes of Metro Bike Share will be free: use code 1162018.
9. Access Services and Cityride will provide free rides to and from the polls for riders with disabilities and their companions.
Chamber of Hope will be providing free rides to the polls from 9am-5pm to anyone who needs one.
To reserve your ride pls email [email protected] with
- 1) desired time of pick-up
- 2) pick-up address and
- 3) passenger name
Check out this list of Restaurants and Bars hosting “I Voted” specials!
The Sidewalk Cafe: Vote! Then come enjoy Taco Tuesday – All you can eat tacos for $5 with the purchase of a beverage – 8-10 PM – Bar Only. Happy Hour Food and Drink Specials 3-7 PM! All drafts $1.00 OFF and we have 18 to choose from! Open until 11:00 PM Tonight! 1401 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, California. The Sidewalk Cafe. Venice, Ca 90291. TheSidewalkCafe.com.
Canal Club: Join us For the Elections on Tuesday November 6th! We are going to need a drink(s) and nourishment! Join your friends and watch it all in the lounge. 10% if you show us your “I VOTED” sticker. Let’s do this Venice! Go VOTE! Canal Club: Wood grill, rotisserie, raw bar. 60 North Venice Blvd. Venice, Ca 90291, canalclubvenice.com
James’ Beach: Get nourished for a long night at our Taco Tuesday with $8 Casamigos margaritas or watch it all in the Clubhouse! Either way, bring your “I Voted” sticker and get 10% additional off! Let’s do this Venice! Go Vote! 60 North Venice Blvd. Venice, Ca 90291 JamesBeach.com
Surfside: Cast your votes today then come in for Happy Hour followed by $2 Beer and Bites at 7pm. 23 Windward Ave. Venice, Ca SurfsideVenice.com
Brennan’s: Cast your ballot, please your palate with our Buy 1 and Get 1 for a penny beer specials! Just come in with your “I Voted” sticker to redeem. Cheers voters! 4089 Lincoln Blvd, Marina del Rey, California. BrennansLa.com
Show your “I Voted” sticker and Lemonade on Abbot Kinney will give you a free lemonade.
Pie Hole on Lincoln is offering free pie holes.
Check out Venice’s best bars and restaurants.