Let’s start 2019 the right way, by enjoying a day in our paradise by the sea! Here is a list of the best activities, brunches, lunches, dinners, entertainment and more, all handily mapped out for your! Enjoy!
Check out this Venice Beach Fun list!
- Be entertained on the Venice Beach Boardwalk.
- Cruise the coast! Jay’s Rentals has bikes, skates, scooters & surf boards, and more!
- Snap a selfie with the Venice Sign
- Spend the day on the sand in Venice Beach!
- Check out this list of best hotels!
- Boardwalk People Watching at the Sidewalk Cafe.
- The Best Sports Bars in Venice and Marina del Rey!
- Learn to surf like a pro with Jay’s Rentals
- Watch a Venice Sunset!
- Learn about Venice’s founder Abbot Kinney
- Venice Pier hosts Venice Oceanarium on Sundays.
- Shop local at Maui and Sons for all your Skate, Surf and Beach needs!
- Explore the historical Venice Canals
- Locals love weekend brunch @ James’ Beach, $7 Mimosas/Bloody Mary’s
- Visit or paint the Venice Art Walls
- Relxa, mediate, and enjoy Venice with this list
- Check out the timeless Venice Poetry Walls
- Support Venice businesses that always do green!
- Spend a day on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
- Surfside is Venice Beach’s Home for Live Music
- View Venice now with these Venice Beach Live Cams
- Check out our Venice Beer’s list!
- Play a game of Handball
- Take a surf or skate lesson with Maui and Sons’ qualified instructors!
- Have the greatest sausage sandwich at Jody Maroni’s
- Join Brennan’s every Fri. for Free Pizza and Live Music.
- Volunteer with a local non profit
- Dogs wanna have fun too!
- Venice Farmers’ Market every Friday
- Play a game @ the Venice Beach Basketball Courts!
- Check out the view from the Venice Pier
- Skate or watch the action at the Venice Skate Park
- Have a Beach Day!
- Check out the Venice Beach Drum Circle
- Play a game of paddle tennis!
- Happy by the hour and Venice Beach’s Best Brunches
- Green Goddess Collective: 15% discount off of select 1/8’s during happy hour 4-5 p.m.
- Tune in at RadioVenice.TV every Sunday at 4:20 p.m
- Ride with Venice Electric Light Parade, Sunday at Sunset
- Enjoy the best Venice view at High Rooftop Lounge!
- Free cycling and yoga classes for locals at Beyond Bikram!
- Taco Tuesdays at The Sidewalk Cafe. $5 all you can eat
- Get juiced up and stay lean at Muscle Beach Juice Bar!
- Enjoy the best Venice view at High Rooftop Lounge!
- Muscle Beach Month Pass only $20! Hit the Weights
- James Beach now has Happy Hour Mon-Fri., 5-7 p.m.
- Dog Yoga every Sunday at Brennan’s
- Shop local and rent at Jay’s Rentals!
- Industry Monday at High Rooftop Lounge.
- Turtle Races every first and third Thursday at Brennan’s
- Live theatre at Pacific Resident Theatre, Electric Lodge, Sparc, and Beyond Baroque
- Enjoy the best greek food at Malaka Brothers
- Watch the games at Tony P’s Tavern
- Simmzy’s brew their own beer. $4 beers 4-5, M-F
- Craving Sushi and Sake? Check out Hama Sushi!
- Taco Tuesdays in the V!
- First Friday’s and Food Trucks on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
- Sunday Funday at Brennan’s! Football, yoga and brunch
- Live DJ, Industry Mondays and a 360 degree view of Venice at High Rooftop Lounge.
- $5 Community yoga class at Beyond Bikram -Saturday
- Friday, happy hour 3-7 p.m. at Tony P’s Dockside Grill
- Sports Bars: Sidewalk Cafe, Surfside, and Tony P’s Dockside Grill
- Venice Neighborhood Council meeting. 3rd Tues
- Venice High School Flea Market every 2nd Saturday
- Venice Open Mic at Surfside Every Wednesday
- Back of the Hand Allstars every Thurs. at Surfside
- The Bootleg Bombshells every Wed. at the Townhouse
- Venice Underground every Wed. at the Townhouse
- Want to party it up late night style? Check out James’ Beach and Canal Club
- Spend a night in Venice! Check out this list of best hotels!
Celebrate the New Year with food and drink at the following locations.
Start your day at the Cow’s End Cafe!
Bring the family to The Sidewalk Cafe!
A Venice Boardwalk landmark for 41 years, The Sidewalk Cafe offers fresh, high-quality, well-prepared food with generous portions. And all of our soups and sauces are homemade. The outdoor covered patio provides a beautiful view of the beach and ocean while street performers and an eclectic crowd continuously entertain. View menu on thesidewalkcafe.com
Brunch at James’ Beach!
Celebrate the New Year at Brennan’s! Dogs welcome on their large outdoor patio!
Dine at Hama Sushi! Did you know that udon or ramen soup is the perfect cure for hangovers?
New Year’s by the Venice Pier at Simmzy’s!
Simmzy’s easily has the best draft and bottled beer selection of anywhere in the vicinity, and a breezy beach vibe patio that says “let’s chill here.” And, the food as well is fantastic! Their burgers are boss, and with offerings from short rib salad to tuna poke Simmzy’s has something for every palette. Simmzy’s: “A local’s pub serving artisan foods, craft beers & small production wines. www.simmzys.com.
Brunch at Surfside Venice!
Surfside is your place to kick back and be comfortable: a haven from the lovableSurfside is your place to kick back and be comfortable: a haven from the lovable madness that is Venice Beach. Step off the busy boardwalk and relax into a long lazy afternoon with locals. All you need to do is take a moment to sit down & unwind! You’ll find us at the Venice Breakwater on the corner of Windward & Speedway. www.SurfsideVenice.com..
Celebrate a New Year at Tony P’s Dockside Grill in the Marina!
Dine and drink at Barlo Kitchen and Cocktails!
At Barlo, we strive to provide our guests with first-rate food and beverage by sourcing our ingredients from the highest quality local and artisan producers. To the greatest extent possible, we source from local producers that we feel embody the values and principles that mirror our own: locally produced, artisan quality, organic, sustainable, humane animal treatment, and minimal processing. hotelerwin.com/barlo-kitchen-and-cocktails
Start the New Year with healthy habits at Muscle Beach Nutrition and Muscle Beach Juice Bar!
Want more Venice Beach Fun?
- Check out 100+ Venice Beach Fun activities.
- View full Venice Events Calendar for all events
- Here is where to eat and drink in Venice!
- Best Sports Bars in Venice and Marina del Rey
- Family friendly Venice activities
- Need a room? Here is where to stay in Venice.
- Venice FAQ’s and Parking