Enter Beaches and Harbors Los Angeles County’s CAN THE TRASH! Clean Beach Poster Contest!
Here is a message from Beaches and Harbors Los Angeles County
Living in Los Angeles County, we share a special connection to the ocean. When it comes to the beach, we’re practically neighbors! We get to enjoy public beaches where we can swim, play and have fun. It also means that no matter how far away we live from the coast, our pollution ends up on our beaches and in the ocean.
Here’s what everyone can do to help keep our beaches and ocean clean:
- Watch the video below “Clean and Blue” to learn about what causes ocean pollution and how you can help stop it. Make sure to also check out the Ocean Heroes Activity Guide for fun things to do on your own or with friends.
- Take action! The beaches belong to everybody, so it is everyone’s responsibility to protect them from pollution. Share what you’ve learned by drawing a picture with a message about how to keep our beaches and ocean pollution free. Be creative!
- Always do your part to keep our oceans and beaches clean! Properly dispose of your trash and other items that cause ocean pollution.
Calling all 3rd – 5th Graders! Enter our CAN THE TRASH! Clean Beach Poster Contest for a chance to have your message shared with millions of beachgoers!
Deadline is Jan. 12th!
Contest winners will have their artwork displayed around trash barrels on the beach. Simply submit your artwork online, in person, or by mail. The contest is open to students in grades 3 – 5 who reside in the County of Los Angeles. Online submissions must be entered by an adult.
Entry Rules and Guidelines
Please read all rules and regulations below carefully before submitting your project
- Contest is open to students in grades 3 – 5 who reside in the County of Los Angeles.
- Contest begins Saturday, September 15, 2018 and will end Saturday, January 12, 2019.
- Artwork must be hand drawn on an 8 x 11 white sheet of paper, in landscape orientation.
- No construction or colored paper.
- Create artwork in color.
- Artwork must be original and created 100% by the student contestant.
- Artwork must not contain copyrighted text or characters.
- More than one entry is permitted. A separate entry form is required for each entry.
- All entries must be submitted by an adult.
- One winner from each grade will be selected by each of the five Supervisorial Districts. A total of 15 winners will be selected.
- Winners will be contacted directly and announced on the contest webpage.
To enter online click ENTER NOW.
To enter by mail or in person DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM.
Please email your questions to [email protected].
Learn About Beach Pollution. View video!
Help prevent animal entanglement, habitat destruction, and bioaccumulation.