Here is a message from the Venice Art Crawl!
Attend tonight’s Feb. 7th Venice Art Crawl mixer at the Canal Club.
- Venice Art Crawl Mixer: Thursday, Feb. 7, 2019
- Location: Canal Club, 60 North Venice Blvd. Venice, Ca 90291 .
- Admission: $5.00
- Enjoy Happy hour prices on food and drinks.
- Connect with other VAC artists and board members.
- Time: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- DETAILS HERE!
Interested in being part of the March 1st Venice Art Crawl event? You’ll just need to do a few things!
- Find a location (It’s simple, just contact the businesses in the area and ask them if you can showcase your work for the upcoming art crawl.).
- Gather images of your artwork!
- Create a short description!!! This is very very important. This is the way we will promote your event, so don’t forget to check your spelling!!
- Include your Social Media Handles ( Facebook | Instagram) otherwise we can’t promote your event.
- Submit your event by February 15.
- Promote your event through email marketing, and social media! Tag Venice Art Crawl and we will share your event through our social media (Instagram – @veniceartcrawl Facebook – @theveniceartcrawl).
About the Venice Art Crawl:
The VAC’s mission is to preserve the arts in Venice, a place that has historically been known as a vibrant and dynamic art community. Our goal is to share, inspire and promote collaboration within the Venice community through mixers and art events. We are an all volunteer run non-profit organization which is a committee of the Venice Chamber of Commerce. The Venice Art Crawl is a Venice Chamber of Commerce hosted event.
2019 Venice Art Crawl Dates:
- March 1st. Venice Art Crawl joins First Friday’s on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
- June 1st. Venice Art Crawl to participate at the Flower Fest
- July 13. Venice Art Crawl and the Mar Vista Art Walk joint event
- Aug. 15 Venice Art Crawl’s 9 Year Anniversary at Park Place.
- Sept. TBA. Venice Afterburn
Venice Art Crawl History:
Did you know that Canal Club’s owner Daniel Samakow is one of the VAC Co-founders, and that the first Venice Art Crawl community meeting was held at the Canal Club in 2010! Neat!
About Canal Club:
Canal Club is also located across the street from its sister restaurant, James’ Beach, the first restaurant created by restaurateurs James Evans and Daniel Samakow. “James’ Beach celebrates the familiarity of American comfort food; so when we opened across the street we wanted to celebrate the exploration of other cuisines found in Los Angeles, mainly Latino and Asian. We do so with an emphasis on sustainable, local and quality natural ingredients.” – James Evans
On the corner of the 1900s brick building, the small neon sign that reads “Canal Club – Grill and Sushi” does not prepare visitors for Frank Gehry’s grand restaurant setting. A work of art featuring back-lit alabaster walls with 20′ ceilings and a tropical stilt house represented at its center. All together it sets the mood for the exploration to follow.
“The foundation of Asian and Latin cuisines is elemental, fire and water. Nothing is better than fresh raw fish prepared as ceviche, sashimi or sushi; or grilled meats, seafood and fresh vegetables, cooked over a wood. These simple preparations allow the quality and flavors of the ingredients to come through while also being very healthy.” – Daniel Samakow
For more info: canalclubvenice.com
Here is another fun VAC fact. Venice Paparazzi’s Edizen is also one of the co-founders of Venice Art Crawl.
Thanks to VAC President Sunny Bak, VAC’s web designer David Stine, Venice Chamber of Commerce, Andrea Tan, artists, and all the volunteers on keeping VAC alive for 9 years. Go team Venice!
For more info: www.veniceartcrawl.com.
Join VAC on www.facebook.com/theveniceartcrawl.