Ever been jogging down the beach and run into a seal in distress, or a pelican with broken wing? How about a seagull tangled up in fishing line? Gutting, isn’t it?
Well, most folks know not to try an approach the animals, but not every knows how to get a hold of the experts. So, we have put this list together for you to have and share should the occasion arise for you.
MARINE ANIMAL RESCUE. 1-800-39-WHALE
Beaches and harbors South of Topanga Canyon. Call (310) 455-2729
The mission of Marine Animal Rescue is to replace an inadequate system of marine animal care with an effective, efficient and compassionate system providing every animal the best possible chance for survival.
Thanks to Marine Animal Rescue and Peter Wallerstein for the following info:
Contact Marina Animal Rescue at 1-800-39-WHALE
For more info: www.marspecialists.org.
THE CALIFORNIA WILDLIFE CENTER (Covers Malibu)
Additional Wildlife Rescue Organizations and Information:
If you see any wild animal hurt or in trouble, please immediately contact Los Angeles Animal Services or one of the State approved wildlife rescue groups. Do not try to intervene without the help of experts. www.laanimalservices.com/about-animals/wildlife/#three-tab
- Whale Rescue Team whalerescueteam.org/index.html
- IBRRC – International Bird Rescue Research Center www.ibrrc.org/so_cal_center.html
- Wild Wings of California www.wildwings.org
- The Lucky Duck Rescue & Sanctuary luckyduckrescue.org
- 2010 Wildlife Rehabber List for Los Angeles
- Wildlife Center in San Pedro (Injured birds) -310.514.2573