June 21 is International Go Skateboarding Day!
Every year on June 21, skateboarders around the globe celebrate the pure exhilaration, creativity, and spirit of one of the most influential activities in the world by blowing off all other obligations to go skateboarding.
Skate or watch the action at the Venice Skate Park!
The Venice’s skate park is on the beach and it rules! This 16,000 sq. foot skatepark is one of the only in the world located on a beach. It features two bowls, a snake run and a street section with steps, rails and platforms.
In featured photo: Ger-I Lewis, Jessie Martinez, past Mayor Antonio Villagarosa, and past 11th District Councilman Bill Rosendahl at the the grand opening of the Venice Skatepark on Oct. 3, 2009e Ven
Venice Skate Legend Tony Alva
Venice Skate Legend Jay Adams
Skate legend Bennet Harada
NEED A SKATEBOARD? SHOP LOCAL
- Arbor Collective. arborcollective.com
- Maui and Sons’ Surf & Skate Shop. mauiandsonsretail.com
- Venice Originals. veniceoriginals.com
- Skatermade: skatermade.com
- Venice Skateboarding Suff. veniceskateboardingstuff.com
- Dogtown Skateboards: dogtownskateboards.com
RENT A SKATEBOARD at Jays Rentals!
VENICE SKATE MOVIES:
- Rising Son: The Legend of Skateboarder Christian Hosoi
- Lords of Dogtown
- “STC2: CONCRETE DREAMS” DVD by Skater Made
- Made In Venice – A Film By Jonathan Penson
For more skateboarding info, check out Juice Magazine.
Juice is an interview magazine featuring skateboarding, surfing, art and music. Since 1993, Juice has been independently owned and dedicated to the core. Juice Magazine specializes in coverage of core skateboarders, surfers, musicians, skatepark builders, artists, photographers, rock n roll, metal, hardcore, pools, pipes & punk rock. Keep Skateboarding A Crime. JuiceMagazine.com
View the Venice Skatepark now on facebook.com/theveniceskatepark.
View all skate/surf photos by Venice Paparazzi!