Indulge your spirituality, up your romance game, or commune with Mother Nature!
Whatever you reasoning, checking our the sunset over the Pacific Ocean is always a pretty darn good idea! Get it!
Perfect for dates, family outings, meditation, etc. Admission is free.
Check out some of our favorite sunset photos and viewing locations below!
- Plan a sunset beach jog, walk or just chill on the sand. The beach is the place to be! And, if you sit long enough, you might catch a pod of dolphins, a seal, or a flock of pelicans ride the waves! Simply amazing!
- Walk the Venice Pier for best ocean and beach views! Stop by The Cow’s End Cafe for hot tea or juice before your walk.
- Visit High Rooftop Lounge. Full bar atop Hotel Erwin overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Venice! High is the premiere Venice Beach open-air rooftop lounge, where the nightly sunset is the main event.
- Watch a Venice Sunset from the beach, Venice Pier, or under the V-Structure (located at the end of Windward Ave. and the Beach) Click here for list of best locations to watch a Venice sunset!
- Hang out at the bridge or take a stroll along the Venice Canals!
- Visit High Rooftop Lounge! High is the premiere Venice Beach open-air rooftop lounge, where the nightly sunset is the main event.
- Watch the sun set as you work out, or play ball at the Venice Beach Recreation and Parks.
- Grab a free body weight workout at the Muscle Beach Sand Box. And fuel up at Muscle Beach Juice Bar!
- Go for surf or paddle out, and enjoy the coastline view.
- Take a sunset cruise the bike path. Head north towards Santa Monica or Mailbu, or south towards Manhattan Beach. Rent bikes and skateboards from Jay’s Rentals.
- Hang out in the marina in Marina del Rey. It is beautiful and serene!
- Watch a Venice Sunset from the beach, Venice Pier, or under the V-Structure (located at the end of Windward Ave. and the Beach)
- Chill out and watch the people on the Venice Boardwalk at these outdoor patios: The Sidewalk Cafe, The Waterfront, Malaka Brothers
- Take a ride on the Ferris Wheel at Santa Monica Pier for breath taking views!
- Hang out in the Burton Chace Park in Marina del Rey. It is beautiful and serene!
- Be inspired at the Beyond Baroque POETRY WALLS! The words of Jim Morrison of the Doors, Manazar Gamboa, Philomene Long, Exene Cervenka of the Punk Rock band X, actor Viggo Mortensen, and others are engraved in the concrete walls of the LAPD substation and three public restrooms exterior shower walls.
- Stroll, hike or explore the Ballona Lagoon in Marina del Rey!
- Medicate! For the best meds in the V, check out The Green Goddess.
Did you know about Beaches and Harbor’s Beach Wheelchair Program? Beach wheelchairs allow users to roll across the sand for a “Front Row Seat” at the ocean’s edge! Use of beach wheelchair is free and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Details here.
Click here for sunset times
Click here for sunset times
Click here for full relaxation list!
Check out www.VisitVeniceCa.com for all fun things to do and see in Venice, California