Play a fun game, or watch some of the world’s best paddle tennis players in action at the Venice Beach Paddle Tennis courts on the Venice Beach Boardwalk.
Paddle/Pop Tennis is a game that looks like a cross between ping-pong and tennis. The court looks like a scaled down tennis court and the rules are the same as tennis as well. The racquets resemble large ping pong paddles. The Venice Beach Paddle Tennis Tournament is widely regarded as one of the toughest and best Paddle Tennis tournaments in the World to win, because the Venice Beach Paddle Tennis recreational facility is where most of the top professional players live and practice their games year round.
POP Tennis™ is the sport that everyone can play & enjoy from ages 5 to 95. POP can be played year round on all surfaces.
- Number of Courts: 11 Regulation size courts. The courts are 50 feet long by 20 feet wide.
- Who can participate: Anyone. All ages!
- Admission Fee: Free to the public. Open play: No fee/reservations. First come basis. NOTE: Tournament and permits take precedence on courts.
- Location: 1800 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, Ca 90291. 310.399.2775
Here are the rules!
- Tennis & Pickleball is open for single & doubles play. Players must wear face coverings at all times except for during play/match. Group lessons are limited to no more than 2 students per lesson. View all rules here!
- For all City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks, visit laparks.org/covid-19
- View all rules here!
Click on the play button below! The Tennis Channel did an awesome promo of the sport – featuring the Venice courts and some of our local players! Thanks to Pop Tennis for tagging us on this video.
Here is what Paddle Tennis Champion Scotty Freedman has to say about the sport.
Scotty Freedman has played Paddle Tennis for over 40 years, and has won the most championships in Paddle Tennis sport’s history. 191 in all, too many to list.
What do I love about paddle tennis: I love the fact that people of all different skill levels and abilities and levels of play can think and understand the game of Paddle Tennis at their respective levels of play exactly like i think and do the game, playing the game at the games top level like i do is entirely different. Venice beach paddle tennis courts are an eclectic mix of people from all different backgrounds, be it unemployed and hanging at the beach everyday or the richest of the rich in Los Angeles, they all have “ONE COMMON GOAL” they love the game of paddle tennis.
For more paddle tennis info:
Venice Beach Recreation and Parks Office. 1800 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, Ca 90291. 310.399.2775
Fan and Follow!
- Pop.Paddle.Venice! facebook.com/pop.paddle.venice
- Paddle Tennis (United States Paddle Tennis Association). facebook.com/groups/13380632535/
- Pop Tennis. instagram.com/poptennis