The Venice Art Crawl celebrates love in art and love of art at their upcoming Instagram Live event “Love”, streaming to screens everywhere February 18, 2021 from 6:00-10:00 PM PST.
With a Afterparty w DJ at 10PM-11PM Join us on IGTV starting at 6:00PM on @veniceartcrawl on Instagram. Thanks to the virtual venue, Venice artists scattered around the globe can participate along with their local colleagues.
As has become familiar during The Art Crawl’s pandemic-era programming model, the four-hour program features live and recorded music performances, readings, demos, DJ’s, live painting, studio tours, interactive workshops and other art presentations from local and far-flung singers, poets, painters, photographers, performance artists and gallery owners happening throughout the evening, presented in 15-30-minute blocks.
Singer Apryll Aileen opens at 6:00PM streaming live from Canada. The rest of the lineup includes, with their thoughts on love:
- Monika Starling. Artist Monika Starling’s media include oils, acrylics, charcoal and digital painting. She is also an international touring singer and DJ. On love: “We are born on this planet to know what love is. As an artist and musician no matter what the topic or the inspiration it is deeply rooted in love.”
- Lauren Doyle, The Happening. The Happening is a collective art experience which exposes communities to art and art making. The mission is to create an environment in which all are welcomed and encouraged to participate. The objective is to bring to light the benefits of creative expression and collaborative initiatives, raise awareness and support for collective workspaces, expose the issues created by creative blockages. On love: “I believe art is love depicted and as such, universal language. Language is how we connect and interact with others.”
- Missy Sunseri, Art and spirituality. On love: “Embracing the collective love and bringing it out love in people that might have forgotten the feeling themselves.”
- Ana Gazzola, Singer from Brazil. On love: ”I connect to LOVE by my music.”
- Frank Coiro, Fathom Gallery. Gallery visit and tour. The Fathom Gallery features art by Miles Regis and Rohitash Rao.
- James Rogers Gahan, artist, filmmaker. Screening of his new film DONUT SHOP.
- James Berkowitz, poet.
- Olivia Steele, a light artist known for her spirited handwritten neon truisms around the world, will take us on a guided tour of her new studio in LA with the first look behind the scenes showing us her process of doing what she loves and loves what she is does, with a Q&A session at the end. Submit your questions now via Instagram on her [email protected]
- Daniela Ardizonne of Dogtown Artists United will show a tour of Bombay Beach, an art installation near the Salton Sea including Burning Man art.
- Amy Kaps, performance artist. On love: Where black and white intersect, that’s where LOVE is.”
- Brett Woods, painter, will show buffaloes and more. “I do these buffaloes On water color paper silk screen signed and numbered I inscribe each with ‘prosperity and abundance’ hoping all the same a little positive message will propagate with my work.”
- Paz Fernandez. On Love: “The theme of love in my work deals with the self. The acceptance of one’s body, longing to receive and give infinite love.”
- Loser Angeles www.loserangeles.com
The full schedule of performances will be updated on www.veniceartcrawl.com the day of event.
About the Venice Art Crawl
The Venice Art Crawl is a Venice Chamber of Commerce hosted event. The VAC’s mission is to preserve the arts in Venice, a place historically known as a vibrant and dynamic art community. Our goal is to share, inspire and promote collaboration within the Venice community through mixers and live art events, and within the broader global artistic community of creators and art lovers through online events. We are an all-volunteer run non-profit organization which is a committee of the Venice Chamber of Commerce. For more information, follow VAC on Instagram at: @veniceartcrawl; Facebook at: @theveniceartcrawl; and Twitter: @veniceartcrawl. For press inquiries, please email: [email protected]
Love featured flyer created by Cey Adams