- Date: Tues. June 21, 2022
- Time: 10:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- All ages event
- All free
- Venice Skate Park 1800 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, CA 90291.
- Parking Lot: 2100 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, Ca 90291.
- View flyer below for more info!
- Contact [email protected] for more info!
View flyer above for details!
About Go Skateboarding Day! Insert from GoSkateBoardingDay.org. Each year on June 21st, skaters around the world celebrate the pure exhilaration, creativity, and spirit of our beloved sport by blowing off all our responsibilities and chores in order to go skateboarding. On this holy day, skaters will show their love and support for skateboarding by holding fundraisers, contests, protests and demos. They’ll skate across cities, gather in skate parks, stream into local skate shops, and make pilgrimages to their favorite skate spots, all while taking part in the grind heard ‘round the world.
About the Venice Skate park: This 16,000 sq. foot skatepark is one of the only in the world located on a beach. It features two bowls, a snake run and a street section with steps, rails and platforms. The design for the 3.5 million dollar park came “from local skaters and skating professionals” touts L.A. City Councilman Bill Rosendal’s office. The facility, which opened Oct. 3 2009 took 10 months to build.
Photo above taken at the Grand Opening of the Venice Skate Park on Oct. 2, 2009. Ribbon cutting by Ger-I Lewis, Jessie Martinez, former Mayor Antonio Villagarosa, and former 11th Councilman Bill Rosendahl. Thanks to Ger-I and Jessie Martinez for helping bring the skatepark to Venice!
Contact [email protected] for 6/21/22 Skate Day event info!
Get inspired with these Skate Movies:
- Rising Son: The Legend of Skateboarder Christian Hosoi
- Lords of Dogtown
- Made In Venice – A Film By Jonathan Penson
- Arbor Collective :: Crossing the Grain – Mindfully Crafted for 25 Years