About: Marina del Rey’s the Marina is the world’s largest man-made small craft harbor with 19 marinas. It has the capacity for 5,300 boats and is home port to approximately 6,500 boats. The marina houses a wide variety of restaurants, hotels, bars, boats and a beach. In addition to great entertainment options, one can find fishing and whale watching tours, parasailing, stand up paddle boarding and more.
View fun things to do in Marina del Rey below!
MARINA PARKING: Public Lot #4 – 13500 Mindanao Way. Public Lot #5 – 4545 Admiralty Way and Dock 52 – 13501 Fiji Way. Marina del Rey, 90292
SUGGESTED VENICE PAPARAZZI MARINA ACTIVITIES:
- Enjoy brunch, cocktails, a California sunset, and dinner on the water in Marina del Rey with Hornblower Cruises and Events. If you want to cruise Marina del Rey, Hornblower has every option imaginable, including Marina del Rey dinner cruises, Marina del Rey brunch cruises, Marina del Rey holiday parties, Marina del Rey team-building cruises, Marina del Rey bachelorette parties, Marina del Rey weddings, Marina del Rey school events and dances, and more. Take a Marina del Rey cruise any time of the year. Planning a Los Angeles wedding? Hornblower will take care of all the details, beginning with your private Marina del Rey cruise. Need a Los Angeles boat for a party? Choose from among our beautiful fleet, and treat your guests to an unforgettable experience they can’t get anywhere else.
- Have a beach day at Mother’s Beach! Swimming (no surf), Children’s playground, Picnic Tables, Windsurfing, Kayaking, Free boat launch for hand-carried boats, Restaurants, Hotels, Restrooms, Showers
- Visit Burton Chase Park! Burton W. Chace Park has 10 acres of lush lawn and trees that extend into the Marina’s main channel. Here you will find magnificent boat and ocean vistas. In addition, the park offers picnic tables, barbecues, pergolas, picnic shelters, guest docks, and is host to numerous year-round events.
- Paddle boarding is a must do activity!
- Go Deep Sea fishing or Whale watching.
- Take a sailing lesson.
- Visit Fisherman’s Village! Fisherman’s Village is a 1970s’ era replica of a New England seaport and ishing town. You can still stroll the quiet harborfront to enjoy views of the Marina. There are several restaurants, and a smattering of shops and galleries. You can also rent a boat, go parasailing, or take a harbor dining cruise on the weekends. Free weekend concerts year round.
- Free Beach Shuttle to Fisherman’s Village, Waterside Shopping Center, Mother’s Beach and Venice Pier. Enjoy the surf, sand, and surroundings of Marina del Rey in a hassle-free and relaxing way.
- Watch the games at the Marina’s best kept secret Tony P’s Tavern! The tavern is home to over 100 beers, 50 wines by the glass and eight 65″ Hi- Def TVs. Rock!
- Enjoy the areas best steaks, seafood, BBQ, and more while watching the sunset over the Marina at Tony P’s Dockside Grill!
- Dine, drink, enjoy live music, and watch turtle racing at Brennan’s.
- Waterside Shopping Center has amazing shopping!
- Visit or join the California Yacht Club! Located in picturesque Marina del Rey,the California Yacht Club is among the top private clubs in the nation and for over ninety years, our yachting tradition and history has beckoned those who love the water as well as those that love to socialize and live life to the fullest.
- Eat organic or buy groceries at Rainbow Acres.
- Eat the weekend Brunch at Tony P’s Dockside Grill
- Visit the Lloyd Taber-Marina del Rey Library. The library has a large nautical collection.
Thanks to VisitMarinadelRey.com for the following fun MDR activities!
SUMMER MARINA DEL REY EVENTS:
Thursdays, through Sept. 27 — Beach Eats. Beach Eats is a weekly food truck gathering at Marina “Mother’s” Beach on summer Thursdays through September 27, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. New this year, enjoy live music from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. while you picnic by the sea! Bring your own beach chair and enjoy the free show.Visitmarinadelrey.com/beacheats; 424-526-7900.
Explore the Marina with the Marina del Rey WaterBus! Thursdays –Sundays, through Sept. 3 . (Summer activity) Park your car and take our WaterBus for a unique water’s-eye view of Marina del Rey. Eight boarding stops throughout the Marina offer opportunities to shop, dine, and recreate in one of the most beautiful Southern California residential and tourist areas. Bikes and strollers welcome aboard. Treat your family and friends! Best time ever!
Rides are just $1 each way. Service is offered Thursday–Saturday, 11 a.m.-midnight; and Sunday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Bikes and strollers are allowed. Sorry, no pets. Download a map at visitmarinadelrey.com/transportation; 424-526-7900
Summer Concert Series. Starts July 12th. Kicking off this annual series is Opera by the Shore on July 12. Emerging opera stars from the Loren L. Zachary National Vocal Competition will perform along the water in arias and ensembles from best-loved operas in this always-popular concert. Maestro Frank Fetta conducts the Marina del Rey Symphony. Details and season lineup at visitmarinadelrey.com/concerts; 424-526-7900.
July 13, Aug. 10 . KJAZZ Nothin’ But the Blues Cruises. Jazz up your weekend with cool tunes from hot regional blues musicians. Hornblower Cruises & Events offers this summer series of live music cruises in the scenic Marina del Rey harbor. Dance under the stars, sip craft cocktails, and enjoy a gourmet seated dinner with your date or group. Reserve early. http://bit.ly/mdrblues; 310-301-6000.
Marina Movie Nights. Starts July 14. A screening of La La Land kicks off a trio of free movie nights at Burton Chace Park. Movies start at 8 p.m., but come early at 6 p.m. to enjoy a participatory dance class on theme with the evening’s film. This one is a tap class. http://bit.ly/2018flicks; 424-526-7900.
Weekend Concerts at Fisherman’s Village. Starts July 14. Break out your dancing shoes! Enjoy free concerts on Saturday and Sunday afternoons at Fisherman’s Village. R&B from Higher Ground on Saturday, and salsa from the Susie Hansen Latin Band on Sunday. Spring and summer hours: 2-5 p.m. July’s full lineup: http://bit.ly/july18fv; 424-526-7900.
Sunday Boathouse. Starts July 15. The Marina del Rey Hotel annually offers a summertime series of Sunday pool parties (open to the public). Come for DJ entertainment, themed events, and poolside bites and libations. No cover charge! Non-hotel guests must be age 21+. This year, the events stretch through September 2. http://bit.ly/mdrboathouse; 310-301-1000
ANNUAL MARINA DEL REY EVENTS:
- 42nd Annual MDR Halibut Derby.
- Weekend concerts at Fisherman’s Village.
- Marina del Rey Summer Concert schedule.
- Summer Concerts at Burton Chase Park.
- Enjoy vintage yachts and restored classic cars at the “Old Fashioned Day in the Park”
- Snow Wonder at Burton Chase Park
- Polar Plunge in Marina Del Rey.
- Los Angeles Boat Show.
- Tony P’s Dockside Grill’s Summer Beer Dinner
- 4th of July Fireworks.
- Annual Marina del Rey Boat Parade
visitmarinadelrey.com for all event info.
View MDR photos by Venice Paparazzi!
The best places to dine are Tony P’s Dockside Grill and Brennan’s
Tony P’s Dockside and Grill has the best steak, seafood, outside dining, beer selection, bar food, blood Mary! Westside #1 Sports Tavern and Happy Hour. One of top three fish and chips, American BBQ and martinis! Weekend Breakfast with Bottomless Mimosas at Tony P’s! Great patio with Marina view! Happy Hour Mon-Thurs. 3-6 p.m. Fri.’til 7p.m. 4445 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, California, CA – 90292. www.TonyPs.com
Brennan’s is great! Fantastic food, weekend brunch, a giant outdoor patio, games, turtle races, live music an more. 4089 Lincoln Blvd. Marina del Rey, CA 90292 https://brennansla.com/