About: Marina del Rey’s the Marina is the world’s largest man-made small craft harbor with 19 marinas. It has the capacity for 5,300 boats and is home port to approximately 6,500 boats. The marina houses a wide variety of restaurants, hotels, bars, boats and a beach. In addition to great entertainment options, one can find fishing and whale watching tours, parasailing, stand up paddle boarding and more.
View fun things to do in Marina del Rey below!
SUGGESTED VENICE PAPARAZZI MARINA ACTIVITIES:
- Enjoy brunch, cocktails, a California sunset, and dinner on the water in Marina del Rey with Hornblower Cruises and Events. If you want to cruise Marina del Rey, Hornblower has every option imaginable, including Marina del Rey dinner cruises, Marina del Rey brunch cruises, Marina del Rey holiday parties, Marina del Rey team-building cruises, Marina del Rey bachelorette parties, Marina del Rey weddings, Marina del Rey school events and dances, and more. Take a Marina del Rey cruise any time of the year. Planning a Los Angeles wedding? Hornblower will take care of all the details, beginning with your private Marina del Rey cruise. Need a Los Angeles boat for a party? Choose from among our beautiful fleet, and treat your guests to an unforgettable experience they can’t get anywhere else.
- Have a beach day at Mother’s Beach! Swimming (no surf), Children’s playground, Picnic Tables, Windsurfing, Kayaking, Free boat launch for hand-carried boats, Restaurants, Hotels, Restrooms, Showers
- Visit Burton Chase Park! Burton W. Chace Park has 10 acres of lush lawn and trees that extend into the Marina’s main channel. Here you will find magnificent boat and ocean vistas. In addition, the park offers picnic tables, barbecues, pergolas, picnic shelters, guest docks, and is host to numerous year-round events.
- Paddle boarding is a must do activity!
- Go Deep Sea fishing or Whale watching.
- Take a sailing lesson.
- Visit Fisherman’s Village! Fisherman’s Village is a 1970s’ era replica of a New England seaport and ishing town. You can still stroll the quiet harborfront to enjoy views of the Marina. There are several restaurants, and a smattering of shops and galleries. You can also rent a boat, go parasailing, or take a harbor dining cruise on the weekends. Free weekend concerts year round.
- Free Beach Shuttle to Fisherman’s Village, Waterside Shopping Center, Mother’s Beach and Venice Pier. Enjoy the surf, sand, and surroundings of Marina del Rey in a hassle-free and relaxing way.
- Watch the games at the Marina’s best kept secret Tony P’s Tavern! The tavern is home to over 100 beers, 50 wines by the glass and eight 65″ Hi- Def TVs. Rock!
- Enjoy the areas best steaks, seafood, BBQ, and more while watching the sunset over the Marina at Tony P’s Dockside Grill!
- Dine, drink, enjoy live music, and watch turtle racing at Brennan’s.
- Waterside Shopping Center has amazing shopping!
- Visit or join the California Yacht Club! Located in picturesque Marina del Rey,the California Yacht Club is among the top private clubs in the nation and for over ninety years, our yachting tradition and history has beckoned those who love the water as well as those that love to socialize and live life to the fullest.
- Eat organic or buy groceries at Rainbow Acres.
- Seafood, steak and a marina view at Tony P’s Dockside Grill. Tony P’s Dockside and Grill has the best steak, seafood, outside dining, beer selection, bar food, blood Mary! Westside #1 Sports Tavern and Happy Hour. One of top three fish and chips, American BBQ and martinis! Weekend Breakfast with Bottomless Mimosas at Tony P’s! Great patio with Marina view! Happy Hour Mon-Thurs. 3-6 p.m. Fri.’til 7p.m. 4445 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA – 90292. www.TonyPs.com
- Dine, drink and play at Brennan’s! Fantastic food, weekend brunch, a giant outdoor patio, games, turtle races, live music an more. 4089 Lincoln Blvd. Marina del Rey, CA 90292. brennansla.com
- Explore the Marina with the Marina del Rey WaterBus! (Summer activity) Park your car and take our WaterBus for a unique water’s-eye view of Marina del Rey. Eight boarding stops throughout the Marina offer opportunities to shop, dine, and recreate in one of the most beautiful Southern California residential and tourist areas. Bikes and strollers welcome aboard. Treat your family and friends! Best time ever! Rides are just $1 each way. Service is offered Thursday–Saturday, 11 a.m.-midnight; and Sunday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Bikes and strollers are allowed. Sorry, no pets. Download a map at visitmarinadelrey.com/transportation
- Visit the Lloyd Taber-Marina del Rey Library. The library has a large nautical collection.
ANNUAL MARINA DEL REY EVENTS:
- 42nd Annual MDR Halibut Derby.
- Weekend concerts at Fisherman’s Village.
- Marina del Rey Summer Concert schedule.
- Summer Concerts at Burton Chase Park.
- Enjoy vintage yachts and restored classic cars at the “Old Fashioned Day in the Park”
- Snow Wonder at Burton Chase Park
- Polar Plunge in Marina Del Rey.
- Los Angeles Boat Show.
- Tony P’s Dockside Grill’s Summer Beer Dinner
- 4th of July Fireworks.
- Annual Marina del Rey Boat Parade
- Check out VisitMarinadelRey.com for all event info.
View MDR photos by Venice Paparazzi!