It is on! Summer solstice in Venice and time for the Neptune Parade!
Here is message from event organizer Jessica Sugar Shack!
Dust off your straw hat, find your bathing suit, put a flower in your hair, strap on a grass skirt! It’s time to celebrate SUMMER!
Join us in a Zany Summerlicious Celebration of the Season of the SUN and ShEnAnIgAnS! Let’s honor our Beautiful Beach..and Venice Fun…and Surfside..and partying…and dancing like crazy Kooks! WE NEED YOU to come kick off the Best time of year!
- Saturday, June 2212:30pm
- 12:30 Pre-Party at Surfside, 23 Windward Ave. Venice, Ca 90291
- 1:30pm Parade Start
- After party at Surfside with BANDS ALL DAY
Venice History: 1938 – It began with the arrival of King Neptune in an outrigger canoe followed by Queen Venetia’s coronation and a royal procession along Ocean Front Walk. The queen read a proclamation commanding her subjects to engage in three days of fun and frivolity. The afternoon parade featured floats and costumed merrymakers wearing enormous plaster of paris heads that were manufactured in Arthur Reese’s studio. Windward Avenue was roped off for a street carnival where wandering gondoliers entertained. (Photos below and above insert taken from www.westland.net)‘
June 22 event details to be announced shortly.
View photos from last year’s Neptune Festival and After Party at Surfside by Venice Paparazzi!
- All photos courtesy of Surfside Venice. When sharing please tag @SurfsideVenice and photo credit @Venice Paparazzi.
- View all 450 photos by Venice Paparazzi!
- All photos courtesy of Surfside Venice.
- When sharing please tag @SurfsideVenice and photo credit @Venice Paparazzi.
- Need photographers or a photo booth at your next event? Hire Venice Paparazzi.
- View menus and for more info, visit SurfsideVenice.com