Here is message from event organizer Jessica Sugar Shack!
“Hey Venice party peeps! Summer is on it’s way! The Venice Beach Neptune Parade is set for Saturday June 22, 2019. Get your costumes ready and join in on the Venice Beach Fun! The event is free, and open to all ages. Come celebrate the beginning of SUMMER, and the crowning of the King and Queen! “Hail Summer! hail Venice!”
Venice History: 1938 – It began with the arrival of King Neptune in an outrigger canoe followed by Queen Venetia’s coronation and a royal procession along Ocean Front Walk. The queen read a proclamation commanding her subjects to engage in three days of fun and frivolity. The afternoon parade featured floats and costumed merrymakers wearing enormous plaster of paris heads that were manufactured in Arthur Reese’s studio. Windward Avenue was roped off for a street carnival where wandering gondoliers entertained. (Photos below and above insert taken from www.westland.net)‘
June 22 event details to be announced shortly.
View photos from last year’s Neptune Festival and After Party at Surfside by Venice Paparazzi!
- All photos courtesy of Surfside Venice. When sharing please tag @SurfsideVenice and photo credit @Venice Paparazzi.
- View all 450 photos by Venice Paparazzi!
- All photos courtesy of Surfside Venice.
- When sharing please tag @SurfsideVenice and photo credit @Venice Paparazzi.
- Need photographers or a photo booth at your next event? Hire Venice Paparazzi.
- View menus and for more info, visit SurfsideVenice.com