Venice Paparazzi will be Marina Spooktacular’s official photographers! Join us!
The Department of Beaches & Harbors presents…. Marina Spooktacular… Halloween by the Harbor!
There’s fun and scares for all ages, but the frights intensify as night falls over Burton Chace Park in Marina del Rey during this two-day festival.
Dates and Hours:
• Saturday, October 26 | 11 am – 9 pm
• Sunday, October 27 | 11 am – 9 pm
Ages: Activities for all ages & scare levels!
Cost: FREE Admission! Click here to RSVP & submit the required waiver form online, to expedite entrance into the event.
Marina Spooktacular Event Activities:
• L.A.’s only Haunted Pirate Ships | Step aboard these skeletal tall ships if you dare, for close-up encounters with haunting zombie pirates. Ongoing tours of the pirate ships will be less scary in the daytime, but haunted Zombie Pirates at night and recommended for ages 13 and up.
• JAM Sessions provided by the Ford Theatre (Aztec Dance and Mexican Folk Dance) | Dia de los Muertos Celebration
– Saturday, 10/26 | 1:00 – 2:30 pm & 3:30 – 5:00 pm | Kalpulli Teotlalli Tepeyolotl – Aztec Dance
– Sunday, 10/27 | 1:00 – 2:30 pm & 3:30 – 5:00 pm | Ballet Folklorico Ollin – Mexican Folk Dance
• Graveyard Treasure Hunt: An immersive, interactive, walk-through graveyard with spooky gates, scary props, and ghoulish tombstones. Special treasure scavenger hunts scheduled each day at: 12 pm | 1 pm | 2 pm | 3 pm | 4 pm | 5 pm
• Haunted Blackout Maze of Terror (Beware: High scare level!): For the true Halloween enthusiast who loves to experience the disorientation, scares, effects, and immersion of going through an intensely terrifying haunted blackout maze. For the patron who really loves Halloween and an authentic Haunt.
• Scare Zone: Dead zone takes places on a trailer. Be ready for this 5-6 minute intense scare experience.
• Escape Rooms: Teams of up to 6 players are given 10 minutes to escape the room. Try Lavinia’s Den: The Trespasser’s Curse or Mr. MacGuffin’s Halloween Party. *Suggested Age is 10 & up.
• Kids Giant Grid Maze: Kids can bounce their way through this crazy maze while finding surprises along the way.
• Buccaneer Pirate Ship: Kids can enjoy bouncing, sliding, climbing, and exploring this pirate ship.
• Fun House Obstacle Course
• Other fun attractions | Bungee Jump, Carnival & Sports Games, Giant Inflatable Slide,
• DIY costume booth hosted by reDiscover Center (11am – 5pm)
• Pumpkin decorating
• Live Entertainers including:
– Master Juggler | Jack Skellington roams the park, on & off stilts and showing-off astounding juggling tricks! And don’t miss the “glow-in-the-dark” juggling at 6-9 pm.
– Magic & Illusion | Master of Magic & Illusion will roam the park, performing close-up magic. Plus, staged magic shows both days:
– 2:00 pm & 5:30 pm // Kids Show, with fun & kids appeal
– 7:30 pm // Spooooktacular Halloween Stage Show** Special Feature! Features highlights; “ The Hammer Smasher”, a one-of-a-kind routine where the magician must escape in time to save an item borrowed by an audience member, also “the Ghost”, a spooky yet hilarious mind reading routine. Also includes “The Head Chopper of Doom, a guillotine style effect using a volunteer!
– 2:00 pm & 5:00 pm // Kids Show, with fun & kids appeal
– 7:00 pm // Spooooktacular Halloween Stage Show** Special Feature! Features highlights; “ The Hammer Smasher”, a one-of-a-kind routine where the magician must escape in time to save an item borrowed by an audience member, also “the Ghost”, a spooky yet hilarious mind reading routine. Also includes “The Head Chopper of Doom, a guillotine style effect using a volunteer!
– Scare Actors and Fun-Friendly Actors
• Face & Hand Halloween Creep Airbrush Stations: Face painted masks, designs, for kids and adults, with sheen and sparkles. A great selection of designs for all ages.
• Live DJ | Music
• Food Trucks
• Lots of spooky photo opps
• Free giveaways and much more!