Stay local on New Year’s Eve! Check out this list of local NYE parties, NYE Fireworks, and New Year’s Day events!.
Let’s send 2018 off with a bang and bring in 2019 with a great big Venice welcome! Venice Paparazzi has the list for the best NYE parties, local hotel room deals, and all the fantastic New Years Day brunches and activities! Cha Cha check it out!/
Venice Paparazzi to be on the scene at Marina del Rey’s New Year’s Eve Fireworks and Glow Party.
Join us for a Glow Party with fun activities for the whole family! Featuring Live DJs, Dance Music, Dancers, Circuit Breaker Robot, Face Painting, Bubbles, a Venice Paparazzi Photo Booth, Free photos and Giveaways, Food Trucks and More! Starts at 7:00 p.m.
Two Firework shows:
8:59 p.m. 30-second countdown and view the Times Square ball drop followed by an amazing 10-minute fireworks display.
11:59 p.m. 30-second countdown to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Marina del Rey followed by another amazing ten-minute fireworks display.
For more info: MDRHolidays.com
Shangri La La; a New Year Eve spectacular at James’ Beach
James’ Beach becomes the glorious tropical paradise for New Years Eve – Shangrila-La. Start the evening with friends for dinner including your favorite cocktail . Follow with dancing under the stars and explore the delights of Shangrila-La. Noise makers, hats and three bars to take care of your beverage needs. An ice volcano offers up “Lava of Life” drinks between two waterfalls. Booths are available and large dining parties should call our hot line at 310-823-5396 for discounted tickets.
Brennan’s NYE Party!
Tickets get you a 4 hour open bar and unlimited buffet…so load up on those carbs and dance the night away! It wouldn’t be a true Brennan’s New Year’s Eve without some live jams by Decadent Decades, a Venice Paparazzi Photo Booth, p, and some winter wonderland fun right here in Venice! We’ll be streaming the ball drop live on all of our TVs and projector screen paired with a complimentary champagne toast for all.
So gather your friends and join us at Brennan’s this NYE to kiss 2018 goodbye! Details here!
Canal Club Venice Beach 2019 New Year’s Eve Party.
Join us at Canal Club Venice as we bid 2018 farewell & welcome 2018. Live Dj’s provided by Venice Beats. We have various packages available for purchase. Buy your tickets now before they sell out. Party starts at 9pm – 2am. www.canalclubvenice.com/nye
Surfside Venice is going all out for the countdown to 2019!
$10 @ door or FOR VIP FREE ENTRY:
Email your Full name and name of guests to: [email protected]
VENICE ! ~ NEW YEARS EVE BASH ~ ! VENICE
Polish your Rock Star sunglasses and put in your good liver. It’s gonna get a lil’ crazy at Surfside as THE BROBOTS are going to melt faces with their high energy Rock N Roll to see the end of 2018 and bring in the New Year with all our friends.
Live Music from:
“A tribute to Rock N Roll” w/ Very Special Guests & DJ Dragon Breath will be spinning between sets
NYE 2019 at Tony P’s Dockside Grill in the Marina!
This New Year’s Eve, you can enjoy music, dancing and the best food in town, without leaving your table at tony P’s Dockside Grill. That night, if you dine with Tony’s after 9 p.m. on New year’s Ever, your table is your until 2019! Same great prices, balloon drop, party favors, music, dancing, champagne toast, and fireworks over the Marina at 9:00 p.m. www.TonyPs.com
Ring in 2019 at Venice’s only rooftop bar and lounge – Hotel Erwin‘s High Rooftop Lounge.
With a lineup of top DJs, a photo booth, and a menu full of delicious drinks and snacks, all just steps away from the Venice Beach Boardwalk, this is the place you’ll want to be when we wave goodbye to 2018.
Tickets are $80 per person for table seating – which includes a table for the entire night (9pm – 2am), Champagne toast, party favors, and a chocolate-covered fortune cookie bag – and $20 for standing room only. Tickets are $60 for hotel guests.Reserve your space by calling the front desk:(310) 452-1111 www.hotelerwin.com
Don’t drink and drive! Play smart! Spend the night in Venice!
Check out this list of local hotels!
The Venice Penguin Swim is a great way to start off the new year in Venice!
Plunge into the brisk Pacific Ocean with family and friends on Jan. 1, 2019. Details here.
Celebrate the New Year with food and drink at the following locations.
Bring the family to The Sidewalk Cafe!
A Venice Boardwalk landmark for 41 years, The Sidewalk Cafe offers fresh, high-quality, well-prepared food with generous portions. And all of our soups and sauces are homemade. The outdoor covered patio provides a beautiful view of the beach and ocean while street performers and an eclectic crowd continuously entertain. View menu on thesidewalkcafe.com
Hama is open NYE and on New Years Day! Did you know that udon or ramen soup is the perfect cure for hangovers?
New Year’s by the Venice Pier at Simmzy’s!
Simmzy’s easily has the best draft and bottled beer selection of anywhere in the vicinity, and a breezy beach vibe patio that says “let’s chill here.” And, the food as well is fantastic! Their burgers are boss, and with offerings from short rib salad to tuna poke Simmzy’s has something for every palette. Simmzy’s: “A local’s pub serving artisan foods, craft beers & small production wines. www.simmzys.com.
Brunch on historic Windward Ave at Surfside Venice!
Surfside is your place to kick back and be comfortable: a haven from the lovable madness that is Venice Beach. Step off the busy boardwalk and relax into a long lazy afternoon with locals. All you need to do is take a moment to sit down & unwind! You’ll find us at the Venice Breakwater on the corner of Windward & Speedway. If you know the hood, you’ll find us! All your friends are here, we’ve got the beer & great food – join us for dinner and we’ll even do the dishes! www.SurfsideVenice.com..
Celebrate a New Year at Tony P’s Dockside Grill in the Marina!
Chill out with a marina view while dining on crab legs, creole, bloody Mary’s and beer. Or relax and watch the game in Tavern while dining on wings, fish and chips, pizza or pretty much anything you like. Either way, Tony Ps’ has you covered! www.TonyPs.com
Dine and drink at Barlo Kitchen and Cocktails!
At Barlo, we strive to provide our guests with first-rate food and beverage by sourcing our ingredients from the highest quality local and artisan producers. To the greatest extent possible, we source from local producers that we feel embody the values and principles that mirror our own: locally produced, artisan quality, organic, sustainable, humane animal treatment, and minimal processing. http://hotelerwin.com/barlo-kitchen-and-cocktails,
Start the New Year with healthy habits at Muscle Beach Juice Bar!
Power up on wheatgrass and ginger shots, fresh juice, smoothies, protein shakes, peanut butter and jelly, breakfast burritos, vegetarian options, more! View menu! Muscle Beach Juice Bar is located on the Venice Beach Boardwalk across from the world famous Muscle Beach Gym. 1809 Oceanfront Walk. Venice, Ca 90291.
100+ Venice Beach Fun Things to Do and See in Venice on New Year’s Day!
There are endless fun things to do in Venice, California. From special events to on going happenings, activities, attractions, and destinations, there is never a dull moment in our paradise by the sea! Check out our #VeniceBeachFun lists below. Enjoy!
- Be entertained on the Venice Beach Boardwalk.
- Cruise the coast! Jay’s Rentals has bikes, skates, scooters & surf boards, and more!
- Snap a selfie with the Venice Sign
- Spend the day on the sand in Venice Beach!
- Check out this list of best hotels!
- Boardwalk People Watching at the Sidewalk Cafe.
- The Best Sports Bars in Venice and Marina del Rey!
- Learn to surf like a pro with Jay’s Rentals
- Watch a Venice Sunset!
- Learn about Venice’s founder Abbot Kinney
- Venice Pier hosts Venice Oceanarium on Sundays.
- Shop local at Maui and Sons for all your Skate, Surf and Beach needs!
- Explore the historical Venice Canals
- Locals love weekend brunch @ James’ Beach, $7 Mimosas/Bloody Mary’s
- Visit or paint the Venice Art Walls
- Relxa, mediate, and enjoy Venice with this list
- Check out the timeless Venice Poetry Walls
- Support Venice businesses that always do green!
- Spend a day on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
- Surfside is Venice Beach’s Home for Live Music
- View Venice now with these Venice Beach Live Cams
- Check out our Venice Beer’s list!
- Play a game of Handball
- Take a surf or skate lesson with Maui and Sons’ qualified instructors!
- Have the greatest sausage sandwich at Jody Maroni’s
- Join Brennan’s every Fri. for Free Pizza and Live Music.
- Volunteer with a local non profit
- Dogs wanna have fun too!
- Venice Farmers’ Market every Friday
- Play a game @ the Venice Beach Basketball Courts!
- Check out the view from the Venice Pier
- Skate or watch the action at the Venice Skate Park
- Have a Beach Day!
- Check out the Venice Beach Drum Circle
- Play a game of paddle tennis!
- Happy by the hour and Venice Beach’s Best Brunches
- Green Goddess Collective: 15% discount off of select 1/8’s during happy hour 4-5 p.m.
- Tune in at RadioVenice.TV every Sunday at 4:20 p.m
- Ride with Venice Electric Light Parade, Sunday at Sunset
- Enjoy the best Venice view at High Rooftop Lounge!
- Free cycling and yoga classes for locals at Beyond Bikram!
- Taco Tuesdays at The Sidewalk Cafe. $5 all you can eat
- Get juiced up and stay lean at Muscle Beach Juice Bar!
- Enjoy the best Venice view at High Rooftop Lounge!
- Muscle Beach Month Pass only $20! Hit the Weights
- James Beach now has Happy Hour Mon-Fri., 5-7 p.m.
- Dog Yoga every Sunday at Brennan’s
- Shop local and rent at Jay’s Rentals!
- Industry Monday at High Rooftop Lounge.
- Turtle Races every first and third Thursday at Brennan’s
- Live theatre at Pacific Resident Theatre, Electric Lodge, Sparc, and Beyond Baroque
- Enjoy the best greek food at Malaka Brothers
- Watch the games at Tony P’s Tavern
- Simmzy’s brew their own beer. $4 beers 4-5, M-F
- Craving Sushi and Sake? Check out Hama Sushi!
- Taco Tuesdays in the V!
- First Friday’s and Food Trucks on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
- Sunday Funday at Brennan’s! Football, yoga and brunch
- Live DJ, Industry Mondays and a 360 degree view of Venice at High Rooftop Lounge.
- $5 Community yoga class at Beyond Bikram -Saturday
- Friday, happy hour 3-7 p.m. at Tony P’s Dockside Grill
- Sports Bars: Sidewalk Cafe, Surfside, and Tony P’s Dockside Grill
- Venice Neighborhood Council meeting. 3rd Tues
- Venice High School Flea Market every 2nd Saturday
- Venice Open Mic at Surfside Every Wednesday
- Back of the Hand Allstars every Thurs. at Surfside
- The Bootleg Bombshells every Wed. at the Townhouse
- Venice Underground every Wed. at the Townhouse
- Want to party it up late night style? Check out James’ Beach and Canal Club
- Spend a night in Venice! Check out this list of best hotels!
Want more Venice Beach Fun?
- Check out 100+ Venice Beach Fun activities.
- View full Venice Events Calendar for all events
- Here is where to eat and drink in Venice!
- Best Sports Bars in Venice and Marina del Rey
- Family friendly Venice activities
- Need a room? Here is where to stay in Venice.
- Venice FAQ’s and Parking
- Check out the Venice Activities checklist and Map!