Alright friends, it is time to bring your A game! 2020 is here and this is your year to shine!
A big part of that is how fit you are. So, let’s get cracking on the physical part of your personal evolution and turn you into best version of yourself possible. We have a whole slew of suggestions to get you into lean, mean fighting shape!
1. Train at the beach and run the dune at Venice Breakwater or at the Venice Pier! Every winter the County bulldozes the beach and creates a 150 yard long dune. It is the perfect workout tool. Run up and down it diagonally to your hearts content. It is a low impact, cardio intense jam that is sure to get you sweating.
2. Surf, swim, body board and splash around in the Pacific Ocean. Go for a deep sand run or power walk in ankle deep water. Sunbathe & relax. Keep an eye out for dolphins. Volleyball courts also available. You can rent or buy surf, body and skim boards at Jays Rentals if you do not have your own. Or, grab a Frisbee or a ball for some catch. Marvel at the planet’s largest ocean or meditate into your own universe, either way the beach has the perfect spot for everyone. Showers and bathrooms located by and on the beach at the Venice Pier, North Venice Blvd, 17th St., Market St. Brooks Ave. and Rose Ave. Admission is free!
3. Work out at Venice Beach Recreation and Parks. Venice’s ocean front recreation is known the world over! From the iconic Muscle Beach Gym to the basketball courts, no trip to Venice is complete without a day in the park. The Rec & Parks office offers handball, basketball, boxing bag rentals free with valid I.D. Paddle tennis racquet rental $5 with valid I.D. Instructors also available. Courts are first come first served. View flyer to view full list of Venice Recreation and Parks’ facilities. t Venice Beach Recreation and Parks Office, 1800 Ocean Front Walk. 310.399.2775
4. Grab a workout a the iconic Muscle Beach Gym on the Venice Boardwalk. Outdoor gym with free weights, machines, power rack, powerlifting bumpers & more. Bodybuilder Hall of Fame also found here. $10 day pass or $20/month. 1800 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, Ca 310.399.2775
5. Start the New Year with healthy habits at Muscle Beach Juice Bar. Power up on wheatgrass and ginger shots, fresh juice, smoothies, protein shakes, breakfast burritos, vegetarian options, more! Located on the Venice Beach Boardwalk across from the world famous Muscle Beach Gym. 1809 Oceanfront Walk. Venice, Ca 90291.
While at Muscle Beach Juice Bar, get the Muscle Beach Souvenir cup! Grab the iconic orange dumbbell cup for your favorite smoothie drinking workout fiend. As well, for all your supplement needs, check out Muscle Beach Nutrition, located next door to the juice bar.
6. .Do some hot yoga at Modo Yoga on Lincoln and Washington. This place is fantastic! The teachers are super rad, it’s 100 degrees with 50% humidity and you sweat like demon! Love it! Calm, Fit, Inspired. ModoLA.com
7. Play game of basketball at the world famous Venice Basketball courts.
9. Ride or skate the bike path! The bike path that runs along the beach spans 17 miles, from Pacific Palisades to the Palos Verdes peninsula. No pedestrians on path!
10. Need a bike, skate or board for a day?
- Jay’s Rentals: Jay’s has bikes, tandems, blades and skates for cruising the path. Rent hourly or by the day. Try riding a beach cruiser up the beach on the sand! Jay’s Rentals has fat tire beach cruisers designed for cruising the shoreline! And, when you are done they can teach you to surf! Ride a beach cruiser up the beach on the sand! 1501 Ocean Front Walk Venice, CA (310) 392-7306. Ask them about their $15 all day rental special.
11. Power walk and be entertained on the Venice Boardwalk!
12. Commit to a daily walk in the Venice Canals!
13.Do some hot yoga at Modo Yoga on Lincoln and Washington. This place is fantastic! The teachers are super rad, it’s 100 degrees with 50% humidity and you sweat like demon! Love it! Calm, Fit, Inspired. ModoLA.com
19. Want to take a surf lesson? Check out Jay’s Rentals! They both have packages that include wet suits, boards and a qualified instructor. And, they also have body boards, beach supplies and more!
20. Ride a beach cruiser up the beach on the sand! Jay’s Rentals has fat tire beach cruisers designed for cruising the shoreline!
21. Grab your Fitbit, and power walk Venice using the Venice Activities CheckList and Map! If you take photos #VeniceBeachFun
22. Pump some iron at the world famous Gold’s Gym! Gold’s Gym Venice is probably the most famous house of iron in the world. This is where Arnold, Lou, Franco, and hundreds more of world champion bodybuilders have trained. And, they have group classes, an outdoor area with boxing bags, kettlebells, plyometric equipment, battle ropes and more. This is a must do!