Let’s #FlattenTheCurve everyone! #SocialDistancing. #SaferAtHome
Here is what Mayor Eric Garcetti tweeted on March 22nd, 2020!
“This weekend we saw too many people packing beaches, trails and parks. So we are closing sports and recreation at @LACityParks and closing parking at city beaches. That doesn’t mean gather elsewhere. This is serious. Stay home and save lives.”
View video below of Mayor Garcetti’s announcing further restrictions under his Safer at Home order on Sunday, March 22.
Here is what we know! Thanks to the awesome staff at Venice Recreation Center for your help on this list.
This list was updated on March 27th, 2020.
- You can still walk the boardwalk.
- You can still walk your dog on the boardwalk.
- The Beach is closed as of Fri. March 27
- The Bike Path is closed as of Fri. March 27
- Venice Skate Park is closed as of Fri. March 27.
- Venice Handball Courts are closed as of March 27
- Basketball courts are closed as of March 27.
- Paddle Tennis courts are closed as of March 27.
- Venice Skate Plaza is closed as of March 27.
- The Gymnastic, sandbox and boxing (speed bag/heavy bag) platforms are closed as of Wed. March 25th
- The Venice Pier is closed as of Wed. March 25th
- Beach parking lots are closed as of March 23, 2020
- Non essential shops are closed along the boardwalk as of March 23, 2020.
- Beach volleyball nets have been taken down, and are closed.
- The Kids’ Parks are all closed.
Parks still remain open for walking or running; however, when visiting a park for exercise or respite, you MUST adhere to the City’s Safer at Home social distancing directives and must not participate in recreational group sports or activities that are incompatible with the City’s social distancing mandates.
For updated COVID-19 info from City of LA Dep’t of Recreation and Parks, visit laparks.org/covid-19
For any additional questions, call Venice Recreation Center at 310.396.6764.
View March 22nd video of Mayor Garcetti
Check out some of our Venice photos taken on Monday, March 23rd between 10:30-12:00 noon.
Check out some of our Venice photos taken on Tues. March 24 at 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Check out this set of photos taken on Wed. March 25th between 10:30 a.m.-12 noon.
Let’s #FlattenTheCurve everyone! #SaferAtHome #SocialDistancing