About Spirit of Venice Award: Since 1989, the Abbot Kinney Festival Association has recognized exemplary stakeholders nominated by the community for their contributions to the spirit, creativity and uniqueness of Venice. For more info, visit www.abbotkinney.org/sov.
City of Los Angeles Certificate of Recognition reads “The City of Los Angeles celebrates the Spirit of Venice Awardee Edizen Stowell and gratefully salutes her leadership and dedication to our neighborhoods. Edizen’s unwavering commitment to the community has impacted countless people while improving and enhancing our quality of life. Through such steadfast dedication and caring deeds, Edizen has helped to make the City of Los Angeles a better place to which to live.”
Here is part of her speech on that fun day in Venice! “We live in a magical place! I love Venice and it’s people. And when you love something, you must do everything you can to support it and make it the best it can be. Thank you Venice, Abbot Kinney Festival, and to my best buddy Alexander Stowell for your support, acknowledgement and friendship.
Q & A’s
1. What do you do for Venice Paparazzi: Co-founder, Chief Creative Director & photographer
2. Number of years in Venice: 16 years
3. Business(es) owned: Venice Paparazzi, VisitVeniceCA.com, HireVP.com, and Kettlebell Boxing
4. Describe yourself: Motivated, thankful, positive and hardworking. Family and health is important to me.
5. Favorite activities? Yoga, boxing, running and playing ball with my dogs Smithers & Gertrude
6. What organizations do you support? I support any organizations that protects the environment, animals and human rights.
7. Who inspires you? My mom. She works hard, is always smiling and singing. She lives in Canada. I miss seeing her everyday. Also, Alex inspires me. He is very positive, has a good heart, and is a defender of the weak.
8. Define success: Living a life with no regrets or what ifs. Health and great relationships.
9. Finish off the statement “Life is… about re-inventing yourself.
10. Anything else you want to share about yourself to the world?
-I won a National Womens’ Amateur Boxing title. I am the assistant coach at Kettlebell Boxing in Venice, Ca www.kettlebellboxing.com. I met my husband through boxing.
-I have a Business Degree and I majored in Marketing.
-Alex and I have been married for almost 15 years. We met in Aug. 2000. 6 months later we drove out to Vegas and got married on February 6th, 2001. Our 3-month old pit bull Butterface and older sister Zendy were the only family members in attendance. Butteface has his paw print on our wedding certificate. He is one of our witnesses.
-I miss my dog/son Butterface very much. Butterface died on May 18th at 6:58 a.m. He died of cancer.
1. Describe a perfect day in Venice: Yoga and Spinning at Yas Fitness Centers. Playing ball with Smithers and Gertrude. Business meetings with Alex at the Canal Club, James’ Beach, Hama Sushi, Simmzy’s, Tony P’s Dockside Grill, High Rooftop Lounge, and Marina Grill and Bar. Watching the sunset with my husband. Just being in Venice with Alex and Smithers is perfect.
2. Since you have been in Venice for __16_ years, finish of the statement…. “I remember meeting Alex by the boxing bag on my first day in Venice. We started a conversation 16 years ago and are still in it.
3. Your favorite boardwalk treat(s): Poke Poke. The surfer’s sashimi.
4. Your favorite annual event(s): Venice Penguin Swim on January 1st by the Venice Breakwater , Venice Dog-O-Ween, Abbot Kinney Fest, Muscle Beach Venice events, Mardi Gras, Taste of Venice, & the Venice Neighborhood Council’s BBQ.
COMPANY NAMES(s): Venice Paparazzi, Visit Venice California, and Kettlebell Boxing
About Venice Paparazzi: We are the event coverage specialists with over 1,000 events covered. We also specialize in red carpet set ups with custom press walls, on the spot printing, photo photo party areas, automated photo booths, fun personal paparazzi, green screen, online galleries, and more!
We also offer full service corporate trade show event photography. From golf tournaments to award dinners, corporate portraits to board meetings, let Venice Paparazzi cover your grips and grins.
We offer street team photography as well. Our high energy team will dress in your gear, distribute your swag/promo. materials and take great photos while doing it. What a great way to get the message out about your company and products.
Our client list includes: American Express, Sony, Wellpoint Anthem Blue Cross, Toyota, Warner Brothers, Transamerica, Hilton, AEG Live, The Ski Channel, One Club, Staples Center Foundation, TriMega, City of West Hollywood, Gateway to L.A., Gold’s Gym, ACI Group, Your Bash, K-1 Kickboxing, Fashion’s Night Out, Clif Bar, Robinson Fresh, & more
Check out our list of services on www.HireVP.com, and let us know how we can be part of your event.
VisitVeniceCA.com is the ultimate guide to Venice, California. As the sister site to the famed VenicePaparazzi.com, we are Venice’s #1 events, activities, local deals, and information source!
Want to know what, when, where, how and how much of everything in Venice, CA? Then look no further.
VisitVeniceCA.com features organized lists of information helpful to visitors and locals alike! The most complete events calendar, the funnest attractions, the best deals, the most up to date information and more is what you get from VisitVeniceCA.com. Enjoy!
E-mail: [email protected]
Headquarters: Venice, Ca
Office Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.