WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: Everyone. Perfect for dates, family outings, meditation, etc.
ADMISSION FEE: Free
BEST LOCATIONS TO WATCH A SUNSET!
- Plan a sunset beach jog, walk or just chill on the sand. The beach is the place!
- Watch the sun set as you work out, or play ball at the Venice Beach Recreation and Parks.
- Walk the Venice Pier and Santa Monica Pier for best sunset views !
- Go for a sunset surf or paddle out!
- Take a sunset cruise the bike path. Head north towards Santa Monica or Mailbu, or south towards Manhattan Beach.
- Sit on a bench or at a pagoda on the Venice Boardwalk!
- Take a ride on the Ferris Wheel at Santa Monica Pier for breath taking sunset views!
- Hang out in the marina in Marina del Rey. It is beautiful and serene!
- Watch a Venice Sunset from the beach, Venice Pier, or under the V-Structure (located at the end of Windward Ave. and the Beach)
- Hang out at the bridge or take a stroll along the Venice Canals!
- Visit High Rooftop Lounge! Full bar atop Hotel Erwin overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Venice! High is the premiere Venice Beach open-air rooftop lounge, where the nightly sunset is the main event.
- For outdoor patios on the Venice Boardwalk, we suggest The Sidewalk Cafe’s or On the Waterfront
- If you rent a suite from Venice Breeze Suites, you will have access to their private roof top! Their roof deck is the ultimate place for sunning and sunsets, or just spend a little time lounging on our built in sofas looking out over dolphins swimming. Wind down the day with drinks at sunset or an intimate dinner, their roof terrace is appointed with a BBQ grill and wet bar.
- In the Marina? Dine and drink at Tony’s Dockside and Grill! They have one of the best views of the marina.
- Stroll, hike or explore the Ballona Lagoon in Marina del Rey!
Did you know about Beaches and Harbor’s Beach Wheelchair Program? Beach wheelchairs allow users to roll across the sand for a “Front Row Seat” at the ocean’s edge! Use of beach wheelchair is free and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here for more info!
Click here for sunset times.
- Click here for full relaxation list!
Boxing and speedbag platforms located at the Sandpit. 1800 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, CA 90291.
Family outing. Photo taken at the V-Structure, at the end of Windward Ave and the beach.
Sailboat at sunset.
VisitVeniceCA.com for additional things to do in Venice, Ca.