Compete in a tournament, play a fun game, or watch some of the world’s best paddle tennis players in action at the Venice Beach Paddle Tennis courts, located on the Venice Beach Boardwalk.
About: Paddle Tennis is a game that looks like a cross between ping-pong and tennis. The court looks like a scaled down tennis court and the rules are the same as tennis as well. The racquets resemble large ping pong paddles. The Venice Beach Paddle Tennis Tournament is widely regarded as one of the toughest and best Paddle Tennis tournaments in the World to win, because the Venice Beach Paddle Tennis recreational facility is where most of the top professional players live and practice their games year round. Several tournaments are held at our local courts throughout the year and local resident Scott Freedman has been considered one of the World’s best for over two decades. Scott Freedman, Kent Seto, Doug Kolker and Daryl Lemon are also some of the names to know in Paddle Tennis.
In featured photo: Scott Freedman
UPCOMING 2018 VENICE BEACH PADDLE TENNIS EVENTS:
Events hosted by the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks
- April 7-8, 2018. Spring Doubles
- May 5-6, 2018. Cinco De Mayo Doubles
- La City Doubles. July 14-15, 2018
- Aug. 18-19, 2018. US Open National Singles
- Sept. 8-9, 2018 . Venice Beach Mixed Doubles
For more event info, or paddle tennis racket info and rentals:
- Visit Venice Beach Recreation and Parks at 1800 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, CA 90291.
- Office: 310.399.2775
ADDITIONAL PADDLE TENNIS DETAILS:
- NUMBER OF PADDLE TENNIS COURTS: 11 Regulation size courts.
- WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: Anyone. All ages!
- ADMISSION FEE: Free to the public. Open play: No fee/reservations. First come basis. NOTE: Tournament and permits take precedence on courts.
- RACKET RENTAL: $5 per racket (Valid I.D. required) Rackets and tennis balls are available at the Recreation and Parks Office.
- PADDLE TENNIS WEBSITES: www.theuspta.com
- FREE PADDLE TENNIS INSTRUCTION! Free lessons sponsored by Wilson. Call Sonia Delucci if you want to try out some Wilson’s paddles, and get a quick complimentary paddle tennis lesson. (310) 592-1108. [email protected]
Let us hear what Paddle Tennis Champion Scotty Freedman has to say about the sport of Paddle Tennis.
Scotty Freedman credentials: Scotty Freedman has played Paddle Tennis for over 40 years, and has won the most championships in Paddle Tennis sport’s history. 191 in all, too many to list.
What do I love about padde tennis: I love the fact that people of all different skill levels and abilities and levels of play can think and understand the game of Paddle Tennis at their respective levels of play exactly like i think and do the game, playing the game at the games top level like i do is entirely different. Venice beach paddle tennis courts are an eclectic mix of people from all different backgrounds, be it unemployed and hanging at the beach everyday or the richest of the rich in Los Angeles, they all have “ONE COMMON GOAL” they love the game of paddle tennis.
LOCATION: Venice Beach Paddle Tennis Courts: 1800 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, CA 90291 310.399.2775 | 310.396.6764–
PARKING: South City Parking Lot: 2100 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, Ca 90291. (End of Venice Blvd. approximately 4 miles from the 405 freeway) Click here for additional parking!