Here is part of the VP article from April 10, 2014. “Our beloved friend Bret Haller, friend of Venice and creator of Yo Venice died on April 9, 2014, after a year-long battle against pancreatic cancer. He was a kind, generous, great soul and stood fearless in the face of death. Here are some photos we took of him and together throughout the years. Though you hated it when we took photos of you…. we are so glad we did. We love and miss you Bret! You are remembered! Let’s raise a glass in his honor!”
Check out this incredible video by Chris Lockett. Video includes photos of Bret, and of the 2014 paddle out.
Great 2014 articles on Bret:
- Click here to view this beautiful tribute video by Chris Locket
- 04.29.14 Paddle out photos by Ray Rae on the YoVenice! forum!
- Article by Paul Chavez of Venice Dispatch!
- Read the forum about Bret on YoVenice.com
- Blogtown: blogtownbycjg.blogspot.com/2014/04/yo-bret-farewell-to-great-friend-of.html
- LA Weekly: www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/04/15/bret-haller-of-yo-venice-dead-after-battling-cancer
PHOTOS OF BRET OVER THE YEARS BY VENICE PAPARAZZI!
Rock on, Bret!