Memorial Day in Venice is everyone’s favorite time of year! Now get outside and play!
Everyday there are so many choices in Venice regarding what to do, however, Memorial Day has some special one off events.
So, here is the list:
- Taste of Main St.
- Powerlifting at Muscle Beach!
- Strict Curl at Muscle Beach
- Body Building at Muscle Beach
- Bro Bots at Surfside
- Poetic Kinetic’s art installation in Marina del Rey.
- Memorial Day weekend party at Brennan’s
- $7 Bloody Mary’s and Mimosas at James’ Beach?
- Mercede’s Grill’s 20 year anniversary party.
- Good Cop Bad Cop at Hinano’s
- Sunday sunset ride with the Venice Electric Light Parade
- We also suggest dining and drinking at Hama Sushi, Simmzy’s, The Cow’s End, Tony P’s Dockside Grille, Canal Club, High Rooftop Lounge, Surfside. View best dining locations here.
View full Venice Activities Checklist below!
And here is our super popular and handy map and mostly free activities checklist! View list below or print the Venice California Checklist and map!
HERE IS SOME MORE VENICE BEACH FUN!
1. Have a beach day at VENICE BEACH. Surf, swim, bodyboard and splash around in the Pacific Ocean. Go for a deep sand run, sunbathe, relax, build a sand castle, and keep an eye out for dolphins. Volleyball courts also available.
2. Walk and be entertained on the world famous VENICE BOARDWALK. Artists, street performers, shopping, souvenirs Venice Beach Freakshow, tattoos, bars and restaurants.
3. RENT SOME TRANSPORT and EXPLORE VENICE on a bike, skate board, blades or roller skates!
4. Play or train at the VENICE RECREATION AND PARKS CENTER. Attractions: Muscle Beach Gym, Basketball, Handball & Paddle Tennis Courts, Kid’s Play Areas, Boxing, Gymnastics Area, Skateparks, & more. Showers available.
5. Train or pose down at the iconic MUSCLE BEACH GYM. Outdoor gym and Bodybuilder Hall of Fame. $10 day pass. Fuel up at Muscle Beach Juice Bar!
6. Go to the SKATEPARK! 27,000 sq. foot park. 2 bowls, snake run, rails, stairs.
7. Let the kids run free at the PLAY STATIONS. Located on the beach.
8. Take the Detour tour, and learn the story of Venice’s Founder, Abbot Kinney and the early history of the V! Abbot Kinney’s Impossible Dream tour led by Venice Paparazzi‘s and VisitVeniceCA‘s Edizen Stowell.
9. Dance at the DRUM CIRCLE or ROLLER SKATE PLAZA. Sat. & Sun.
11. Grab a selfie or family portrait under the iconic VENICE SIGN.
12. Visit the historic WINDWARD AVE. Live music & historic artifacts at Danny’s. The Venice Sign, Kinesis & Touch of Venice murals. Hamawood at Hama Sushi.
13. Have a cocktail at HIGH ROOFTOP LOUNGE! Full bar atop Hotel Erwin overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Venice! High is the premiere Venice Beach open-air rooftop lounge, where the nightly sunset is the main event.
14. Stroll ABBOT KINNEY BLVD. This trendy boulevard, named for the city’s founder, is full of boutiques, restaurants, bars, nightlife, and beautiful people.
15. Hang out at WASHINGTON SQUARE. Outdoor patios: Simmzy’s, Cabo Cantina or Cow’s End Cafe (Internet cafe). Steps from the Venice Pier & Venice Canals.
16. Enjoy a leisure stroll on the VENICE CANALS. The streets in Venice were once canals laid out by city founder Abbot Kinney to be a miniature Venice, Italy.
17. Walk the VENICE PIER for breathtaking coastal views, watch the surfers in action, or go fishing. 1,300 foot pier was built in 1963.
18. SURF all day!
19. View a list of the BEST VIEWS OF VENICE
20. Be inspired at the Beyond Baroque POETRY WALLS! The words of Jim Morrison of the Doors, Manazar Gamboa, Philomene Long, Exene Cervenka of the Punk Rock band X, actor Viggo Mortensen, and others are engraved in the concrete walls of the LAPD substation and three public restrooms exterior shower walls.
21. Keep your eye out for these amazing VENICE MURALS.
22. Check out or paint the VENICE ART WALLS: These historic walls were originally part of the Venice Pavilion that was built in 1961. In 2000, it became legal to paint the walls and the area was renamed the Venice Graffiti Walls. In 2007, the walls were renamed the Venice Public Art Walls or the Venice Art Walls for short.
24. Cruise the 22 mile ocean front BIKE PATH. No pedestrians allowed
Bike, Blades, Skates, Surf, Boogieboards & Skateboards Rentals /Lessons at JAY’S RENTALS. 1501 Oceanfront Walk JaysRentalsVB.com 310-392-7306
Beach Accessories & Skate/Surf Rentals & Lessons at MAUI AND SONS. 1415 Oceanfront Walk. MauiAndSonsRetail.com 310-392-6284 E4 23 Washington Blvd, (By the Venice Pier) (310) 823-5850
25. Pick up some Medical Marijuana at GREEN GODDESS COLLECTIVE. Happy hour 4-5 pm daily. 15% of off selected 1/8’s. 1716 Main St. Venice, Ca 90291. 310-396-7770
26. Eat a sausage from JODY MARONI’S SAUSAGE KINGDOM. An iconic Venice treat since 1979. 2011 Oceanfront Walk. Family packs available JodyMaroni.com
27. Chillax and grab some food on one of the town’s Outdoor patios: The Sidewalk Cafe, High Rooftop Lounge, Barlo, James’ Beach, Hama Sushi, SurfSide Poke-Poke, Simmzy’s, The Cow’s End Cafe, and Jody Maroni‘s.
28. Check out or paint the VENICE ART WALLS: These historic walls were originally part of the Venice Pavilion that was built in 1961. In 2000, it became legal to paint the walls and the area was renamed the Venice Graffiti Walls. In 2007, the walls were renamed the Venice Public Art Walls or the Venice Art Walls for short.
29. Hungry? DINE AND DRINK locally at these fine establishments.
31. Check out HAMA SUSHI! Located on the former Grand Canal in historic Venice Beach, California Hama was founded in 1979 and was one of the first authentic Japanese sushi restaurants in the United States. Hama also serves as an art showcase for local artists and shows surf movies during the evening. Visit the Hama-Wood patio bar “Shot-In-Venice” Film Posters, and their “Venice History” Dining Room and Sushi Bar.
32. Get your training on! Check out this list of Venice training facilities and workouts!
For all fun things to see and do in Venice, California, check out VisitVeniceCA.com!