Nothing is more fun for kids than hitting the beach!
Treat the newbies, toddlers, and children alike to all the wonders that is our sandy shores!. From splashing in the ocean, to building sand castles, to getting buried head deep, there is no day better than a day at the beach!
Hang out at Venice beach! Splash around, body surf the waves, or build a sand castle! Shell and rock hunting on the beach is always fun.
Enjoy a Venice Boardwalk performance!
Have a family fun day at Venice Beach Recreation and Parks – Outdoor Muscle Beach Gym, also known as the sand pit has rings, balance bars, climbing ropes and balance beams. Good times for the kids.
Let the kids run free at the outdoor playstation by the beach! Venice Recreation and Parks has two play stations with swings and slides, skate park, sand pit, basketball and more! Park one: Right beside the Venice Recreation and Parks office. Park two: On the beach at Rose Ave and the Venice Beach Boardwalk (Oceanfront Walk)
Have the kids sprint down the Venice Pier for breath taking views!
Ride or skate the bike path. The bike path that runs along the sand in Venice is 17 miles long and extends from Palos Verdes through Pacific Palisades, with a brief in-land detour. Its smooth concrete surface is great for bicycles, roller skates and skateboards alike.
RENT A BIKE, SKATEBOARD, SCOOTER, BLADES OR ROLLER SKATES!
- Jay’s Rentals Venice Beach: Jay’s has bikes, tandems, blades and skates for cruising the path. Rent hourly or by the day. And, when you are done they can teach you to surf! 1501 Ocean Front Walk Venice, CA (310) 392-7306
- Maui and Sons: Rent a skateboard, take a lesson and drop into the big bowl at the Venice Skate Park! Maui and Sons is the only place in the V that gives full on skate lessons. They will equip you and show you how it done! Or, you can rent a board and skate the bike path. Either way it will be rad! And, they also do full package surf lessons! 1415 Oceanfront Walk Venice, CA (310) 392- 6284
Calling all kids ages 2-7 years! Have the best time ever at Ecole Claire Fontaine’s Fun French Summer Camp, July 9-Aug 17.
About Ecole Claire Fontaine: Ecole Claire Fontaine is a multilingual Art, Language and Nature focused school for children aged 2-7 years on two garden campuses near the beach. As an international school caring for the whole child, we offer organic meals prepared daily in a familial setting. During our International Summer Camp by the Sea children are engaged in activities from beach and fishing excursions to music, painting and water play within the school gates. Details here.
Toddler story time at the Venice Library (for ages 0-36 months). Join us for stories, music, laughs and more (for ages 0-36 months) every WEDNESDAYS at 11:30am & THURSDAYS at 3:30pm.
Kid’s Sing Along at the Cow’s End Cafe (by the Venice Pier). Free Children’s Music Class Mon. & Thurs. from 10:30am~11:15am. View schedule below! A different kids music artist leads a fun sing-along great for ages 0-3. Admission is free, but tips are encouraged. Please no outside coffee or food, unless it’s for your child. The Cow’s End Cafe, 34 Washington Blvd. Venice Beach, CA 90292. (By the Venice Pier) . ph: 310-574-1080. thecowsendcafe.com/home
Have another beach day at Mother’s Beach! Swimming (no surf), Children’s playground, Picnic Tables, Windsurfing, Kayaking, Free boat launch for hand-carried boats, Restaurants, Hotels, Restrooms, Showers
Spend the day at the Santa Monica Pier! The Santa Monica Pier contains Pacific Park, a family amusement park with a large Ferris wheel. It also has a carousel from the 1920s, the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, shops, entertainers, a video arcade, a trapeze school, a pub, and restaurants. The end of the pier is a popular location for anglers.
Discover and explore at the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium: The Santa Monica Pier Aquarium is Heal the Bay’s public marine-education center The family-friendly interactive facility is home to more than 100 species of marine animals and plants – all found in the Santa Monica Bay.
Dine at the Sidewalk Cafe! The Sidewalk Cafe is awesome! You don’t last 40+ years on the Venice Boardwalk by being lame! 1401 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, California 90291 www.TheSidewalkCafe.com
A full bar, ten taps, big screens TV”s for the games and the best people watching around for the in betweens!
- Beachside setting with view of boardwalk entertainment
- Kid’s menu. Coloring menu activities
- Serene mornings & beautiful ocean sunsets in the evenings
- Open Mon.-Sun. 8:00 a.m -11:00 p.m.
- Weekday happy hour from 3 – 7 PM
- Saturday & Sunday champagne brunch
- Satellite sports packages shown here. 10 screens for all your sports actions. Showing all NHL,NFL,NCAAF,PGA,MLB games!
- Click here for SWC‘s Events.
- View menu
Click here for more family friendly activities.