There are endless fun things to do in Venice, CA! From special events to on going happenings, activities, attractions, and destinations, there is never a dull moment in our paradise by the sea!
And, by assembling lists of all the awesomeness we have made it easy for you find adventures that suit your interests! Check out our Venice Events Calendar!
VENICE BEACH FUN SPECIAL EVENTS:
- Aug. 23. Venice Art Crawl 8 Year Anniversary party
- Aug. 25 Venice Beach Music Fest 13. Art and Music Festival
- Aug. 26 Go Topless Day
- Aug. 28. Safe Place for Youth Art Show
- Sept. 3 Muscle Beach Championship Bodybuilding, Physique, Bikini competition
- Sept. 4. Laughter Lyrics and art
- Sept. 5. – Oct. 7. Twilight on the Santa Monica Pier. Every Wed. night.
- Sept. 7. LAPD Open House and Pancake Breakfast
- Sept. 8-9 Venice Beach Mixed Doubles Paddle Tennis Tournament
- Sept 8-9 Big Blue Classic Doubles Handball Tournament
- Sept. 12 Sunset Soiree High Rooftop Lounge
- Sept. 15 Coastal Cleanup Day!
- Sept. 15 LAFD 3 Wall Doubles Tournament
- Sept. 16 Jazz Champagne Brunch. Hosted by Venice Community Housing
- Sept. 21-23 Venice Afterburn. A Burning Man Regional Event
- Sept. 22 Venice Vintage Motorcycle Rally and Ms. Venice Vintage Pin Up Contest.
- Sept. 27 The Argonaut’s Best of the Westside
- Sept. 28 Venice Boys and Girls’ Club Gala at the Jonathan’s Club
- Sept. 30 Abbot Kinney Festival
- Sept. 30 A Window Between World’s HeART Awards
- Oct 5-7 15th Annual Other Venice Film Festival
- Oct. 6 4th Annual Off the Hook Seafood Festival
- Oct. 6 Brennan’s Octoberfest
- Oct. 20 1st Annual Dogs on Deck Cocktail Cruise. Hosted by Hornblower Cruises and Events
- Oct. 20 Grease Sing-A-Long at Venice High, the official Home of Rydell High School
- Oct. 28 Venice Dog-O-Ween
- Oct. 31 James‘ Beach, Canal Club and Surfside’s Annual Halloween Bash
- Dec.1 Venice Sign Holiday Lighting and Block party
- Dec. 1-2 Annual Muscle Beach Venice Toy Drive
- Dec. 2 Abbot Kinney Blvd’s Holiday Stroll and Snow Day
- Dec. 9 Marina del Rey Boat Parade
- Dec. 10 Venice Canals‘ Holiday Boat Parade
- Dec. 15 Santa Monica- Venice Christmas Run
ONGOING VENICE BEACH FUN EVENTS:
- Cow’s End Kid’s Sing-Along. Every Mon. & Thurs. 10:30am to 11:00am
- Venice Farmers’ Market every Friday 7a.m.-11a.m
- First Friday’s and Food Trucks on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
- Venice Drum Circle every Sat. & Sun. (On the beach by Brooks Ave.)
- Rollerskate and dance at the Venice Beach Skate Dance Plaza every weekend
- Venice High School Flea Market every 2nd Saturday starting at 9 a.m.
- Venice Oceanarium at the Venice Pier every Sunday.
- Tune in at RadioVenice.TV every Sunday at 4:20 p.m
- Venice Electric Parade every Sunday at Sunset
- Cruise Marina del Rey with Hornblower Cruises and Events
- Brennan’s Turtle Races every 1st & 3rd Thursday of the month
- Theatre Fare, a reading series hosted by Pacific Resident Theatre. Every 2nd Tues.
- Friday Pieday at Brennan’s. Free pizza and live music
- Mon. & Tues. 6 oysters for $10 at Canal Club
- High Rooftop Lounge is now open for lunch
- Taco Tuesdays at The Sidewalk Cafe. $5 all you can eat tacos
- Every third Tuesday is the Venice Neighborhood Council Meeting
- 4:00 p.m. daily happy hour at Green Goddess Collective.
- Simmzy’s brews their own beer & has $4 beers at Simmzy’s from 4 – 6 p.m. M-F.
- Nightlife and Venice Beats at James’ Beach and Canal Club every Fri. and Sat
- Venice Open Mic every Wed, & Back of the Hand All Stars every Thurs @Surfside
- Surfs Up! Get lessons by Maui and Sons or Jay’s Rentals
- The Endless Summer screening daily at Hama Sushi
- Sports Bars: The Sidewalk Cafe, Surfside, and Tony P‘s Dockside Grill
- Art and theater: Pacific Resident Theatre, Beyond Baroque, SPARC, LA Louver, Electric Lodge, Venice Arts, and the Venice Art Crawl
WANT MORE VENICE BEACH FUN?
Explore Venice with this FREE activities checklist and map! Whether your visiting Venice, California, or live in the V and need a stay-cation, no experience is complete without checking out each of the listed attractions and unique neighborhoods that make up our city. View flyer below.
- Check out this incredible list of 100+ Venice Beach Fun activities.
- View full Venice Events Calendar for all live music, nightlife, theatre, festivals, art parties, and more.
- Here is where to eat and drink in Venice!
- Best Sports Bars
- Family friendly Venice activities
- Need a room? Here is where to stay in Venice.
- Venice FAQ’s and Parking