The Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors is hosting its 2nd Annual Kids Earth Day Event on Saturday, April 13th from 11am – 4pm at the Dockweiler Youth Center. Please join us as we inspire and educate a new generation for a more sustainable future!
This free community and family-oriented event will feature:
- Live Musical Performances by 3rd Rock Hip Hop | Kids will learn about environmental awareness through hip hop music
- Environmental Exhibitors | Visit these interactive booths to learn about all the ways you can help the environment
- STEAM Educational Activities | Learn more about LA’s watershed and how to recycle
- Recognition of the CAN THE TRASH! Clean Beach Poster Contest Winners | Winners from each Supervisorial District will see their artwork displayed around beach trash barrels
- Beach Cleanup (12pm – 2pm) | This is a great experience for you, your family, and friends to get involved in the community and environment. All individual cleanup volunteers must complete and bring a signed beach cleanup waiver form to the cleanup.
- Free Yard Tree Giveaways Provided by TreePeople | Qualified residents can take home their own yard tree and plant on private property that same day. See the section on Tree Adoption Rules for more information.
- Pop-Up Cardboard Playground by reDiscover Center
- Sustainable Arts and Crafts Projects for Kids
- Kids Earth Day Photo Booth by Venice Paparazzi
- Bouncy Houses & Airbrush Face Painters
- Free Giveaways and Prizes
- And so much more!
Faster Check-In w/ Eventbrite RSVP Tickets:
For faster entry into this free event and access to the rides & attractions, each entrant must show a printed or digital Eventbrite ticket showing acceptance of the liability waiver.
Upon arrival, all entrants to the event who don’t have an Eventbrite ticket that shows acceptance of the liability waiver must complete & sign a hard-copy liability waiver form before accessing the rides & attractions. A completed & signed liability waiver form is required for each person (regardless of age) who wishes to participate in any activity & ride.