Take time for yourself, care for your soul, and advance your spirituality! These pursuits are paramount to a healthy and rewarding life.
The ocean is the thing that makes Venice Beach the most special place on earth. This three-mile beach is manicured daily and the lifeguards are on duty, so grab a towel and head down to the sand. Marvel at the planet’s largest ocean or meditate into your own universe, either way the beach has the perfect spot for everyone.
Additional beach ideas:
- Surf, swim, body board and splash around in the Pacific Ocean.
- Go for a deep sand run or power walk in ankle deep water. Keep an eye out for dolphins.
- Or, grab a Frisbee or a ball for some catch.
- Plan a sunset beach jog, walk or just chill on the sand. The beach is the place to be! And, if you sit long enough, you might catch a pod of dolphins, a seal, or a flock of pelicans ride the waves! Simply amazing!
- Go for surf or paddle out, and enjoy the coastline view.
- Take a sunset cruise the bike path. Head north towards Santa Monica or Mailbu, or south towards Manhattan Beach. Rent bikes, boards, and skateboards from Jay’s Rentals.
- Watch a Venice Sunset from the beach
- And if you medicate, find the best meds in the V, at The Green Goddess Collective.
View message from our super cool lifeguards regarding ocean safety!
A day at the beach can be fun and memorable! But, the Los Angeles County Fire Department’s Lifeguard Division wants to remind you of some dangers you should be aware of when you spend time on the sand and in the ocean.
- Always swim and surf near an open lifeguard station and never swim alone.
- Check in with the nearest lifeguard for daily ocean conditions and hazards.
- Always swim and surf within your abilities. Use good judgment.
- If in doubt of the large surf, do NOT go out!
- Never dive into shallow water. Remember feet-first every time!
- Use swim fins and a leash whenever bodyboarding.
- Keep a safe distance from piers and rocks, and always obey warning signs.
- Never throw sand and always fill in holes before you leave the beach.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Use sunscreen and wear a hat.
- Respect other beach patrons and remember your beach manners.
- The bicycle path is like a road. Always look both ways before crossing!
- If you or someone in your group gets lost, always find the nearest lifeguard.
- Beware of Rip Currents
For more info: fire.lacounty.gov/beach-safety
Additional beach info:
- Venice open from 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Showers and bathrooms located by and on the beach at the Venice Pier, North Venice Blvd, 17th St., Market St. Brooks Ave. and Rose Ave..
- Do not touch, feed, or disturb any marine life on the beach.
- If you see an injured animal on the beach, ask a lifeguard to call animal rescue. California Marine and Wild Life. 310-457-9453
- No alcohol or dogs on the beach.
- Look for the swim/surf flags and stay in the proper area.
- Keep our beaches clean! Pick up your garbage
For a complete list of rules and FAQ’s:
Fan and follow Los Angeles County Fire Dept, Lifeguard Division.
Follow Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors.