Get to know your neighborhood coffee shop owner! Check out our interview below with Clabe!
2015 Interview by Venice Paparazzi’s Alex Stowell.
“A giant fist bump to Venice’s warrior brother Clabe Hartley. Osss… congratulations on another trip around the sun! Happy birthday! We love you!”
The Cow’s End Cafe has been serving coffee, sandwiches, smoothies and more to Venice and MDR residents for 29 years (now 34 years). It is a beloved institution where the locals hang. Today we are going to meet the man who started it all, Clabe Hartley. Clabe is a pit bull loving, life long martial artist who listens to the Eagles, likes to eat lobster and cites The Godfather as his favorite movie.
Years later, when Clabe eloped with his wife Thea, it was a priest and Sensei Ohshima that presided over the ceremony in Little Tokyo.
So, drawing on his memories of Panama and Chicago as coffee houses being a “community gathering for culture,” The Cows End was born.
Stop by, say hi to Clabe, and enjoy The Cow’s End Cafe’s upgraded outdoor and street patio!
“It’s not just The Cow Coffee, it’s the Experience.”
- “Where the Locals Hang”
- Coffee•Espresso•Tea•Fresh Juice•Açaí•Deli•Grub
- 1/2 Block From the Beach/Venice Pier
- Only the BEST and Freshest Goes In!
- No Preservatives or Artificial Ingredients Added.
- We Use Organic as Much as Possible.
- We Make Everything to Order.
- We Use Only Boar’s Head Meat and Cheeses.
- The Cow’s End Cafe Buys from Local Baker’s and Purveyors Freshly Delivered Daily.
- Substitute Any of Our Signature Sandwich Bread for a Gluten Free Bread.
- Doggy Biscuits Available for Our 4 Legged Cow Junkies.
View menus on grubhub. Gift cards also available.
The Cow’s End Cafe Has Been Giving Free Coffee to First Responders For 30 Years, And Still Are! Now doctors, nurses certified nurse assistant’s, medics can also enjoy a cup of coffee on the house from The Cow’s End Cafe. Now let’s support The Cow’s End Cafe, a family owned business since 1989.
- Hours: Mon-Thurs is 6:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Fri – Sun is 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Call the café at 310-574-1080