It’s YOUR Venice – get involved!
Who Can Apply:
Stakeholders (those who live, work, or own property within the VNC boundaries) are welcomed to apply for consideration for the Community Officer’s position on the Venice Neighborhood Council (VNC) Board of Officers.
Here is a message from the Venice Neighborhood Council.
Download the application and return it via email to:
[email protected] by October 12th at 7PM to toss your hat in the ring! The Board will vote-in the new Community Officer at the virtual Venice NC Board meeting in October.
VNC Mission Statement:
To improve the quality of life in Venice by building community and to secure support from the City of Los Angeles for the resources needed to achieve our goals. It is strongly recommended that you review the VNC bylaws before applying. They can be found on the VNC website at venicenc.org/files/090922%20Bylaws.doc.
Here are the questions from the application.
1) Please explain why you wish to serve on the VNC Board of Officers.
a) Have you served before on the VNC Board or other Neighborhood Council Board? If so, where and when?
b) Have you served on a VNC Committee? Which one and for how long?
c) Please state your professional qualifications or related experience relevant to this position.
d) How long have you been a stakeholder in the VNC area?
2) Please list your previous and/or current neighborhood or community involvement.
3) Please list the three most pressing issues that you feel are facing the Venice Community.
4) What do you see as the primary roles of the Venice Neighborhood Council?
5) What is your Vision for Venice?
6) Are you willing to participate in a VNC committee? Which committee interest you and why?
Interested? Apply For the VNC Open Community Officer Seat!
For more info: venicenc.org