Grab your buddies, your dog, your chairs and blankets, pick up some to go on Washington Square, and walk out 1,300 feet to the end of the Venice Pier, for an evening of movie watching in the coolest theater ever!
Chill out and watch screen classics on an 18’x11′ LED with killer resolution and fantastic sound set high above the ocean. Last week’s movie was The Blues Brothers, and it was a great time had by all. View photos below! This Thursday COCO is showing. The show starts at 7:00 p.m., so be sure and come early to mix, mingle, and get a good spot.
Movies by the Sea is presented by Washington Square Business Improvement Group, City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks, and Venice Beach Recreation Center.
This Thursday’s Oct. 7th featured movie is Coco!
About the movie: Aspiring musician Miguel, confronted with his family’s ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-great-grandfather, a legendary singer.
- Dates: Every Thursday, Sept. 23-Oct. 28, 2021.
- Sun sets at 6:55 p.m.
- Start time: 7:00 p.m.
- Admission: Free
- Location: At the end of the Venice Pier.
- What to bring: You own chairs, snacks, take-out, and a lot of blankets!
- Dress warmly!
Shop local! Take-out recommendations:
- Grab LA’s best burger from Hinano’s
- Order from Nighthawk: Breakfast Bar! View menu!
- Grab hot tea, hot chocolate, juice, sandwiches or salads from the Cow’s End Cafe.
Parking: Street parking or Parking lot at the end of Washington Blvd. 3100 Washington Boulevard, Venice, Ca 90291 (By the Venice Pier)
View photos from previous fun movie night event.
- View videos the LA LA Land movie night!
- View videos from the Blues Brothers movie night
- Photos and videos by Venice Paparazzi. Need photographers or a fun photo booth for your event? HireVP.com
Save the dates!
👉CoCo – 10/7 (THIS THURSDAY)
👉The Big Lebowski – 10/14
👉Grease – 10/21
👉The Nightmare Before Christmas – 10/28