Want to spend a day doing some super cool and unique activities you can’t find anywhere else?
Well, look no further than Venice’s neighbor to the south, the gem of L.A., and the crown of the coast, Marina Del Rey! Whether you want sailing, fishing, paddle boarding, yachting, or any number of water based things , Marina del Rey is the jam. Or if you are looking for leisure on dry land, they have that as well. Fantastic restaurants, bike trails, green parks, out door concerts, are just a fraction of what is available in MDR.
Fun fact: Marina del Rey’s the Marina is the world’s largest man-made small craft harbor with 19 marinas. It has the capacity for 5,300 boats and is home port to approximately 6,500 boats.
View fun things to do in Marina del Rey below!
- Visit Fisherman’s Village! Fisherman’s Village is a 1970s’ era replica of a New England seaport and fishing town. You can still stroll the quiet harbor front to enjoy views of the Marina. There are several restaurants, and a smattering of shops and galleries. You can also rent a boat, go parasailing, or take a harbor dining cruise on the weekends. Free weekend concerts year round.
- Have a beach day at Mother’s Beach! Swimming (no surfing), children’s playground, picnic tables, windsurfing, kayaking, free boat launch for hand-carried boats, restaurants, hotels, restrooms, showers.
- Visit Burton Chase Park! Burton W. Chace Park has 10 acres of lush lawn and trees that extend into the Marina’s main channel. Here you will find magnificent boat and ocean vistas. In addition, the park offers picnic tables, barbecues, pergolas, picnic shelters, guest docks, and is host to numerous year-round events.
- Paddle boarding is a must do activity!
- Go deep sea fishing or whale watching.
- Take a sailing lesson.
- Free Beach Shuttle to Fisherman’s Village, Waterside Shopping Center, Mother’s Beach and Venice Pier. Enjoy the surf, sand, and surroundings of Marina del Rey in a hassle-free and relaxing way.
- Waterside Shopping Center has amazing shopping!
- Visit or join the California Yacht Club! The California Yacht Club is among the top private clubs in the nation! For over ninety years their yachting tradition and history has beckoned those who love the water as well as those that love to socialize and live life to the fullest.
- Eat organic or buy groceries at Rainbow Acres.
- Visit the Lloyd Taber-Marina del Rey Library. The library has a large nautical collection.
View LA County Beaches and Harbors Events and Activities!
The best places to dine in Marina del Rey!
Tony P’s Dockside Grill in Marina del Rey is fantastic! Where else can you chill out with a plate of fresh fish and giant mug of ice cold brew while watching the sunset over the Pacific with boats sailing by? Not only is the menu super deep, the beer selection is the best on the Westside, and the staff is superb! Smiling faces, and huge portions is the standard at this neighborhood favorite! TonyPs.com.
- Foodies must have choice: Seafood Creole
- Friday Night Extended Happy Hour, 3-7 p.m.
The Warehouse Restaurant, Marina Del Rey, opened in 1969. Serving delicious seafood and steaks with amazing views. Plus a rad happy hour, Friday night salsa dancing, and live music on Saturday, and weekend brunch is what is happening at this historical Marina del Rey landmark. mdrwarehouse.com.
- Foodies must have choice: prime rib.
- The Warehouse Restaurant in Marina del Rey has $20 bottomless mimosas on the weekend, in addition to other killer brunch deals.
Chill out on Firestone Walker Venice’s outdoor patio, head in to Venice Tap Room or view delivery options here. The Propagator Store offers Firestone Walker merchandise; cold packaged beer; and growler and crowler fills. firestonebeer.com/venice.
- Foodies must have choice: The Lion’s Fish and Chips. firestonebeer.com/venice.
- Firestone Walker Venice has $6 pints of Mind Haze and BBQ all summer long!
View photos of Marina del Rey by Venice Paparazzi
Need photographers or a photo booth? Hire local! Hire Venice Paparazzi. www.HireVP.com
Public Lot #4 – 13500 Mindanao Way. Public Lot #5 – 4545 Admiralty Way and Dock 52 – 13501 Fiji Way. Marina del Rey, 90292