Here is a message from Venice Chamber Education Committee’s and Ecole Claire Fontaine’s Joelle Dumas!
The WAVE Awards is a spectacular community event that unites educators from local schools & art institutions. Each celebrated teacher has been nominated by their peers for outstanding accomplishments in the classroom. At an Oscar-like Gala, the WAVE Awardees are able to expand on what they love about teaching – their colleagues & students. For the year of 2020, instead of the usual month of May, the WAVE Awards have been temporarily postponed, but everyday educators remain true heroes.
View some of our favorite photos below!
Click here to find your favorite teacher in our 2011-2019 Wave Award photo galleries.
Congratulations to last year’s 2019 WAVE Award Winners:
- Ecole Claire Fontaine– Solange Kamgaing
- Beethoven Elementary School–Sarah Galvan
- Broadway Elementary School–Ling Zhu
- Richland Ave. Elementary School–Casey Fichtner
- Short Ave. Elementary School–Eva Cervantes-Zapien
- Walgrove Elementary School–Ruben Gonzalez
- Westminster Elementary School–Jessica Dunn
- Mark Twain Middle School–Stacye Harvey
- Venice High School–Mary Ruth Greene
- Venice Skills Center–Stephen John Roth
- Boys and Girls Club of Venice–Shane Basye
- Neighborhood Youth Association–Rachel Lash
- Venice Arts–Jacinto Astiazaran
- Venice Community Housing–Kendelle Milton
Join and support the VCC Education Committee, let’s help make the upcoming 2021 Wave Awards epic, whenever they do happen!
The VCC Education Committee is the bridge between business and education in Venice, a forum where action & ideas meet, and a channel of communication for sharing energy, innovation & intelligence. Our common purpose is to nurture a future community whose ability to learn, create and lead will inspire the world.
Need team photos, portraits, or having a post Covid-19 event? Think of Venice Paparazzi as your event photographers, and photo booth providers. HireVP.com