Venice Paparazzi was all set to partner up again this year for the 3rd Annual Kids Earth Day at Dockweiler Youth Center. Then along came the Covid-19, and the party was canceled. However, let’s not dwell on that. Let’s celebrate the Earth Day by re-living last year’s event!
Check out “Earth Day” messages, and photos of the winners of last year’s “Can the Trash” contest winners. All photos taken at the 2nd Annual Kids Earth Day event at Dockweiler Youth Center event in 2019.
In addition, view the “Clean and Blue” video from Beaches and Harbors Los Angeles County below to learn about what causes ocean pollution and how you can help stop it.
Enjoy, and happy Earth Day!
Here is a message from Beaches and Harbors Los Angeles County
Happy Earth Day! Join us in celebrating the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, today and every day, by learning how you can be an Ocean Hero and take action to protect our beaches, watershed, and planet.
Beaches may be closed, but ocean pollution starts at home. Take a pledge to “Can the Trash!”
Check out their “Clean and Blue” animated video below.
Let’s keep our beaches and oceans clean! Can the trash! For more resources, visit beaches.lacounty.gov/postercontest
Ever notice the art work on the trash cans out on the beach?
These colorful drawings were created by kids who entered and won the CAN THE TRASH! Clean Beach Poster Contest. The contest was open to students in grades 3 – 5 who reside in the County of Los Angeles.
Congrats to last year’s 2019 winners! Photos taken at the award recognition ceremony at the 2nd Annual Kids Earth Day.
- Sean Yoo | Grade 5 | Fifth District
- Shu Ting Pan | Grade 3 | Fifth District
- Andrew Kim | Grade 5 | Fifth District
- Nayeli Franco | Grade4| Fourth District
- Chelsea Lee | Grade 5 | Fourth District
- Rushil Shah | Grade 3 | Fourth District
- Jensyne Estanislao | Grade 5 | Third District
- Elena Carli | Grade 4 | Third District
- Jyoshita Nair | Grade 3 | Third District
- Ada Shen | Grade 4 | First District
- Claire Chan | Grade 4 | First District
- Amelia De La Torre | Grade 3 | First District