On November 21, 2014, during the Venice High School Community Luncheon, an event supported by the Venice Chamber of Commerce and the Venice Alumni Association, 44 students received a Jacket of Excellence in recognition for their academic achievements. This year, students received a special honor from Cecilia Castillo, Field Deputy representing the Office of Councilperson Mike Bonin, who presented each student with a Certificate of Commendation.
The Venice High School community is very proud of those students who have achieved this distinction, as the eligibility for this award requires that they must retain a 3.75 GPA or higher since their freshman year.
Congratulations to all jacket recipients!
Photo by CFP Studio
- Top Row – left to right – Kevin Nugent, George Hong, Alexander Ramsey, Ian Johnson, Harry Phillips, Enrique Munoz, Eric Lin, Chelsea Robinson, Mazden Mastromauro.
- 2nd Row– Erica Johnson, Nathan Lopez-Gates, Njeri Gachoka, Daniella Leiato, Pahola Chavez, Amber Holyfield, Kelli Hsu, Saul Jimenez, Jordan Cho, Josiah Destin.
- 3rd Row- David Silberman – Event Chair, Petra Rudisill, Maya Ramsey, Laura Hayashibara, Sara Gsell, Sheila Fallah, Nora Benavente, Eri Okita, Melissa Reynoso, Jay Ruelas.
- 4th Row– Catherine Chevalier- Chamber President, Cecilia Castillo – Filed Deputy for LA city Councilperson-Mike Bonin, Ryan Sadeghi, Alexandra Romero, Jennifer Chew, Simran Ali, Jennie Furth-Jacobus, Jean Iwohara, Annalissa Husted, Emma Totsubo,Kira Wessels, Bud Jacobs-Venice Neighborhood Council, Joelle Dumas-Venice Chamber.
- Front row Dr. Elsa Mendoza-principal, Jennifer Thurber, Cole Ten, Lisa Sobajian, Alex Salazar,Thalia Telles, Angela Vo, Justin Yamaguchi and Sayne Maza, Asst. Principal.
And a special thank you to all community sponsors:
Audrey Salzburg-A Window Between Worlds, Lisa Schwab-Cantalini’s Salerno Beach, Joelle Dumas-Ecole Claire Fontaine, Don Novack-Hal’s Bar & Grill, Greg Horos/Melissa Rosen-Locali Conscious Convenience, Willie Hjorth-Mare Company Sails, Catherine Chevalier-Not Maurice, Terry Ballentine-RE/MAX Estate Properties, Denise Fast-RE/MAX Premier Properties, Stephen Marvin-Sterling Security Systems, Nancy Singular-The Agency,David & Tina Comden-The Argonaut, Andy Layman-Venice Beach Suites &Hotel, Jeffrey Solomon- Venice Beach Walking Tours, Carl Lambert-Venice Breeze Suites, Edizen Stowell-Venice Paparazzi, Venice High School Alumni Association, Terry Agnew-X-Treme Sportswear, Lucio Barbaro, Carolyn Berry, Jim Blackwood, Erin Cahill, Jan Davis, Sergio Diaz, Debbie Drier, Myra Einberg, Sharon Gebhart, Cecilia Glorious, Phyllis Hayashibara, Lucy Howard, Bud & Catherine Jacobs, Joe King, Kelly King,Donna Lasman, William Botch, William Plant, Maryann & Keith Rose, Amy Shimizu, Michael Stenger and Ella Zarky.
Support Venice High School’s Jacket of Excellence program! Sponsor or donate to next year’s 2016 Jacket of Excellence!
About: Since 1984, Venice High School along with community partners, hosts an annual luncheon where the top students of the senior class are recognized for their scholastic achievements with each one awarded a personalized academic jacket for their accomplishments.
The Venice Chamber of Commerce Education Committee in support of continuing this tradition of honoring excellence in education, reaches out to the community to raise money for the jackets.
We invite you to sponsor one or more jackets, or support this event by making a donation. Sponsors receive recognition in event materials and also have the opportunity to attend the luncheon where they can meet the students.
For more info: http://venicechamber.net/jacket-of-excellence-awards/