VENICE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES CHECKLIST!
From a yoga/spinning hybrid to a sandy beach work out, we have the inside line on where to train in Venice.
- Basketball courts: 3 regulation & 1 stadium size court..
- Boxing area: 6 speedbag platforms, 2 heavy bag areas..
- Gymnastic Area: Also know as the “sand pit” includes two rings set, high & low parallel bars, balance bar, horizontal bar, and 2 climbing ropes.
- Venice Skatepark: 27,000 sq. foot park. Two bowls, snake run, rails, stairs..
- Roller Skate Plaza: Live D.J. and dancing every weekend..
- Handball courts: 4 three wall courts and 3 one wall courts..
- Paddle Tennis courts: 11 courts..
4. Ride or skate the bike path! The bike path that runs along the beach spans 17 miles, from Pacific Palisades to the Palos Verdes peninsula. No pedestrians on path!
Need a bike, skate or board for a day?
- Jay’s Rentals: Jay’s has bikes, tandems, blades and skates for cruising the path. Rent hourly or by the day. And, when you are done they can teach you to surf! 1501 Ocean Front Walk Venice, CA (310) 392-7306. Ask them about their $15 all day rental special.
- Maui and Sons: Rent a skateboard, take a lesson and drop into the big bowl at the Venice Skate Park! Maui and Sons is the only place in the V that gives full on skate lessons. They will equip you and show you how it done! Or, you can rent a board and skate the bike path. Either way it will be rad! And, they also do full package surf lessons! 1415 Oceanfront Walk Venice, CA (310) 392- 6284.
10. Want to take a surf lesson? Check out Jay’s rentals or Maui and Sons! They both have packages that include wet suits, boards and a qualified instructor. And, they also have body boards, beach supplies and more!
11. Ride a beach cruiser up the beach on the sand! Jay’s Rentals has fat tire beach cruisers designed for cruising the shoreline!