Are you a dog person?
Us too! Venice Paparazzi loves dogs! Want to bring your buddy out on the town? That sounds like a great idea for all parties involved! From restaurants, summer safety tips, to parks, to rules and regulations, to the best pet supply store around, we have the inside line on all things dog!,
1. Summer safety tips
Please do not leave you dog unattended in a car on a hot day. Not even for a minute. Not even with the car running and air conditioner on. On a warm day, temperatures inside a vehicle can rise rapidly to dangerous levels. On an 85-degree day, for example, the temperature inside a car with the windows opened slightly can reach 102 degrees within 10 minutes. After 30 minutes, the temperature will reach 120 degrees. Your pet may suffer irreversible organ damage or die. See a pet inside a hot car? Learn how to help! ».
Make sure dogs have access to fresh drinking water and shade.
Keep you pets off hot sand or asphalt! Not only can it burn paws, but it can also increase body temperature and lead to overheating. Keep your dog’s paws cool.
Dogs get sunburns too! Contact your vet or ask Bruno’s Venice for the best doggie sunblock.
Los Angeles County passed a law a few years back, and, you can now bring your dog to a restaurant with an outdoor patio as long as the restaurant meets certain criteria and allows it!
Check out these dog friendly restaurants with outdoor patios:
3. FAQ’s! Are dogs allowed on the beach and Venice Boardwalk?
Dogs are welcome on the Venice Beach Boardwalk, and not on the beach. Dogs are not allowed on the Venice Beach Boardwalk between 11 a.m – 8 p.m on Sat, Sun and holidays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
4. Stay cool at Venice’s dog park!
Let your best buddy run free at the Westminster Off-Leash Dog Park located on Westminster and Pacific. (three blocks from the Venice Beach Boardwalk) www.venicedogpark.org
5. Get your dog’s summer booties, baths, food, toys and tags at Bruno’s Venice!
Check out Bruno’s Venice at 2012 Lincoln Blvd. They are locally owned and carry only the highest quality products available. And, they deliver! You could even have them deliver to the dog park if you wanted to. Woo hoo!
With a focus on the most premium and trusted products and a priority placed on your pet’s health and well being, Bruno’s is the local source for only the best for your dog and cat. Bruno’s is open Monday through Saturday from 9am to 8:30 pm, and Sunday from 9am to 7pm.
Bruno’s offers curb side pick up and home delivery service for all of Los Angeles. Their delivery service is powered by Go Fetch Delivery. www.gofetchdelivery.com
Two new additions to Bruno’s!
- Bruno’s self wash is now open!!
- Two Tails ID tags and collars are now available to buy at Bruno’s! They can even engrave your tags in store!
Bruno’s is located at 2012 Lincoln Blvd, Venice CA 90291, on the east side of Lincoln, between Amoroso and Victoria. (424) 268 4031. www.BrunosVenice.com.
Below are some snap shots of random dogs enjoying a beautiful day in Venice.
Save the date Oct 27th, 2019 for the biggest Venice doggie mixer of the year at Venice Dog-O-Ween.
Hosted by Venice Paparazzi and Rhonda DeVictor of KW Beverly Hills.
Event to include:
- Red carpet photos by Venice Paparazzi. Photos sponsored by Bruno’s Cat & Dog Boutique.
- Prizes donated by: LAArtsOnline.com, Bruno’s Cat & Dog Boutique, Simmzy’s, Rock and Roll Doggy, Hungry Dawgs of Dogtown, Westside Dogs LA.
- Music by: Christopher Hawley
- Handmade, human grade, all-natural organic treats (sourced from local farmers) provided by Hungry Dawgz of Dogtown.
- This event is powered by volunteers.
- View all 2011-2018 Dogoween photos by Venice Paparazzi here!
Looking to Adopt?