Ever notice the art work on the trash cans out on the beach?
These colorful drawings were created by kids who entered and won the CAN THE TRASH! Clean Beach Poster Contest! And the contest is ongoing, so if you know a kid with some drawing skills, get them involved and maybe their art can be seen by the masses on our beautiful beaches! View contest details and tips on how to help keep our beaches and ocean clean below!
Here is a message from Beaches and Harbors Los Angeles County
Living in Los Angeles County, we share a special connection to the ocean. When it comes to the beach, we’re practically neighbors! We get to enjoy public beaches where we can swim, play and have fun. It also means that no matter how far away we live from the coast, our pollution ends up on our beaches and in the ocean.
Here’s what everyone can do to help keep our beaches and ocean clean:
- Watch the video below “Clean and Blue” to learn about what causes ocean pollution and how you can help stop it. Make sure to also check out the Ocean Heroes Activity Guide for fun things to do on your own or with friends.
- Take action! The beaches belong to everybody, so it is everyone’s responsibility to protect them from pollution. Share what you’ve learned by drawing a picture with a message about how to keep our beaches and ocean pollution free. Be creative!
- Always do your part to keep our oceans and beaches clean! Properly dispose of your trash and other items that cause ocean pollution.
Calling all 3rd – 5th Graders! Enter the CAN THE TRASH! Clean Beach Poster Contest for a chance to have your message shared with millions of beachgoers!
Contest winners will have their artwork displayed around trash barrels on the beach. Simply submit your artwork online, in person, or by mail. The contest is open to students in grades 3 – 5 who reside in the County of Los Angeles. Online submissions must be entered by an adult.
View 2019 poster contest winners below!
- Sean Yoo | Grade 5 | Fifth District
- Shu Ting Pan | Grade 3 | Fifth District
- Andrew Kim | Grade 5 | Fifth District
- Nayeli Franco | Grade4| Fourth District
- Chelsea Lee | Grade 5 | Fourth District
- Rushil Shah | Grade 3 | Fourth District
- Jensyne Estanislao | Grade 5 | Third District
- Elena Carli | Grade 4 | Third District
- Jyoshita Nair | Grade 3 | Third District
- Ada Shen | Grade 4 | First District
- Claire Chan | Grade 4 | First District
- Amelia De La Torre | Grade 3 | First District