James’ Beach is a Venice Beach institution. An iconic restaurant and bar now celebrating 25 years in Venice, California. James’ Beach has over the years earned a loyal following of lovers of American Comfort food, great drinks, an award winning wine list.
- Wednesdays and Thursday: 4-10 p.m
- Friday Lunch 12-3 p.m. Dinner 4-10:30 p.m
- Saturday Brunch 12-4 p.m. Dinner ’til 10:30 p.m
- Sunday Brunch 12-3 p.m. Dinner ’til 9 p.m
- Open for Pick up & Delivery too! Call 310-823-5396 for pick up orders.
- Reservations can be made on Open Table.
- Walk-in welcome if space is available.
- View James’ Beach’s guest travel guide!
- View specials below!
So who is James?
James Evans is the namesake and one of the two co-owners of this beach side hangout. He moved from San Francisco to Venice in 1975. James worked at some of the iconic early Venice eateries, starting at the famous Robert’s restaurant and later becoming the General Manager of Tony Bill, Dudley Moore and Liza Minnelli’s famous 72 Market Street.
In 1982 James met artist and business person, Daniel Samakow. The pair hit it off and together, 24 years later, in 1996, and opened the big brass gates of James’ Beach for the first time.
Check out James’ Beach’s specials!