James’ Beach is a Venice Beach institution. An iconic restaurant and bar now celebrating 25 years in Venice, California. James’ Beach has over the years earned a loyal following of lovers of American Comfort food, great drinks, an award winning wine list.
Here is a message from James’ Beach:
Just in time to celebrate 25 years open in Venice (this month!) we are now open serving your favorite comfort food and cocktails on our art and tropics inspired outdoor patio. We can seat groups up to 6. Reservations can be made at Open Table. Walk-in welcome if space is available. Don’t forget to wear your mask and we’ll see you soon!
- Wednesdays and Thursday: 4-10 p.m
- Friday Lunch 12-3 p.m. Dinner 4-10:30 p.m
- Saturday Brunch 12-4 p.m. Dinner ’til 10:30 p.m
- Sunday Brunch 12-3 p.m. Dinner ’til 9 p.m
- Open for Pic up & Delivery too! Call 310-823-5396 for pick up orders.
- View our Guest Travel Guide below with helpful info.
- Reservations can be made on Open Table. Walk-in welcome if space is available.
So who is James?
James Evans is the namesake and one of the two co-owners of this beach side hangout. He moved from San Francisco to Venice in 1975. James worked at some of the iconic early Venice eateries, starting at the famous Robert’s restaurant and later becoming the General Manager of Tony Bill, Dudley Moore and Liza Minnelli’s famous 72 Market Street.
In 1982 James met artist and business person, Daniel Samakow. The pair hit it off and together, 24 years later, in 1996, and opened the big brass gates of James’ Beach for the first time.
Check out James’ Beach’s daily specials and dinner packages!