Want to spend a day doing some super cool and unique activities you can’t find anywhere else? Well look no further than Venice’s neighbor to the south, the gem of L.A., and the crown of the coast, Marina Del Rey! Whether you want sailing, fishing, paddle boarding, yachting, or any number of water based things , Marina del Rey is the jam. Or if you are looking for leisure on dry land, they have that as well. Fantastic restaurants, bike trails, green parks, out door concerts, are just a fraction of what is available in MDR.
Fun fact: Marina del Rey’s the Marina is the world’s largest man-made small craft harbor with 19 marinas. It has the capacity for 5,300 boats and is home port to approximately 6,500 boats.
View fun things to do in Marina del Rey below!
- Visit Fisherman’s Village! Fisherman’s Village is a 1970s’ era replica of a New England seaport and ishing town. You can still stroll the quiet harborfront to enjoy views of the Marina. There are several restaurants, and a smattering of shops and galleries. You can also rent a boat, go parasailing, or take a harbor dining cruise on the weekends. Free weekend concerts year round.
- Have a beach day at Mother’s Beach! Swimming (no surfing), children’s playground, picnic tables, windsurfing, kayaking, free boat launch for hand-carried boats, restaurants, hotels, restrooms, showers.
- Visit Burton Chase Park! Burton W. Chace Park has 10 acres of lush lawn and trees that extend into the Marina’s main channel. Here you will find magnificent boat and ocean vistas. In addition, the park offers picnic tables, barbecues, pergolas, picnic shelters, guest docks, and is host to numerous year-round events.
- Paddle boarding is a must do activity!
- Go deep sea fishing or whale watching.
- Take a sailing lesson.
- Free Beach Shuttle to Fisherman’s Village, Waterside Shopping Center, Mother’s Beach and Venice Pier. Enjoy the surf, sand, and surroundings of Marina del Rey in a hassle-free and relaxing way.
- Waterside Shopping Center has amazing shopping!
- Visit or join the California Yacht Club! The California Yacht Club is among the top private clubs in the nation! For over ninety years their yachting tradition and history has beckoned those who love the water as well as those that love to socialize and live life to the fullest.
- Eat organic or buy groceries at Rainbow Acres.
- Visit the Lloyd Taber-Marina del Rey Library. The library has a large nautical collection.
The best places to dine in Marina del Rey!
Tony P’s Dockside and Grill has the best steak, seafood, outside dining, beer selection, bar food, blood Mary! Westside #1 Sports Tavern and Happy Hour. One of top three fish and chips, American BBQ and martinis! Weekend Breakfast with Bottomless Mimosas at Tony P’s! Great patio with Marina view! Happy Hour Mon-Thurs. 3-6 p.m. Fri.’til 7p.m. 4445 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, California, CA – 90292. TonyPs.com
The Warehouse Restaurant, Marina Del Rey, opened in 1969. Serving delicious seafood and steaks with amazing views. Most of the building materials you see are exactly what they appear to be. Real wharf posts compose the actual framework of the building. Old wine and whiskey barrels, shipping crates, nautical rigging, fishing nets and weathered lumber were trucked in from abandoned shipyards in San Pedro. The original decor and furniture was all hand-woven and constructed Malaysian bamboo and Hawaiian cane. View menus on mdrwarehouse.com
MARINA PARKING: Public Lot #4 – 13500 Mindanao Way. Public Lot #5 – 4545 Admiralty Way and Dock 52 – 13501 Fiji Way. Marina del Rey, 90292