The Venice Neighborhood Council’s Mission is to improve the quality of life in Venice by building community and to secure support from the City of Los Angeles for the resources needed to achieve our goals.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- This year’s election will be Vote-By-Mail Only due to the pandemic. June 1 is the last day to apply for a Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- June 4th through June 8th. Dropbox Open – Venice Abbot Kinney Memorial Branch Library at 501 E. Venice Blvd.
- Mailed Ballots Must Be Postmarked by – Tuesday June 8th
- Details on candidates and how to vote below!
VOTER GUIDE! Meet your candidates!
Here is a message from the Venice Neighborhood Council!
VOTING HAS NOW STARTED!
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IN ORDER TO VOTE! – WHO CAN VOTE?
VNC Stakeholders who are 16 years or older on the day of the election (June 8, 2021) are eligible to vote in this year’s elections. A “Stakeholder” is anyone who lives, works, or owns real property within the VNC’s boundaries, and you do not have to be a citizen of the United States.
You can vote once in each category- except the Community Interest Stakeholders, who can only vote for the Community Interest Board Officer position. A Community Interest Stakeholder, is defined as an individual who is a member of or participates in a Community Organization within the boundaries of the neighborhood council.
HOW CAN I VOTE?
Your first step is to APPLY to receive a ballot.
How to apply to receive a ballot:
- WATCH THESE VIDEOS.
- CLICK HERE for REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION.
- Complete a Vote-By-Mail application online through the VOTE-BY-MAIL PORTAL. (If you have never voted before, you may need to create an account with Username and Password.)
- Or REVIEW THESE INSTRUCTIONS and Download a paper application (available in 11 languages HERE) and return by mail, fax, or email a photo/scan of your application.
After the application is received, the Los Angeles City Clerk will verify your stakeholder eligibility and mail you the appropriate ballot beginning on Monday, May 10th. You may begin voting as soon as you receive your ballot, but it must be either mailed (postmarked by June 8th) or placed in the Ballot Dropbox by 8pm on June 8th.
Voting information for the Unhoused can be found HERE.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact the Los Angeles City Clerk at: (213) 978-0444
Additional information is also available on the Los Angeles City Clerk – Elections Website.
PLEASE GO TO: VENICENC.ORG for ALL ELECTIONS INFORMATION!
For more info on how & when to vote, visit empowerla.org/elections