Spanning across Windward Avenue at Pacific, the VENICE Sign in lights is a modern day replica of the one originally installed in 1905 by the legendary Abbot Kinney.
It is a defining symbol of Venice, past and present.
In 2007, the Venice Sign Restoration Project recreated and installed the contemporary version of this historic sign. Since that time the Venice Chamber has been responsible for the sign and for protecting its trademark.
Join the global club of folks who have a photo with Venice’s most recognizable back drop, The Venice Sign.
Visitors are invited to photograph the sign for their personal use and enjoyment.
Wait at the traffic light until the walk signal appears, then run out in front of the sign and strike a pose! You have about a 30 second window to get your shot before the cars start coming. Tag it, Post it, Share it! @VeniceSign and @VeniceBeachFun. Enjoy!
Love the Venice Sign?
View all 2007-2019 Venice Sign photos by Venice Paparazzi!
- 2019 Venice Holiday Sign Lighting
- 2019 LAPD National Night Out
- 2018 Venice Sign Holiday Lighting
- 2017 Venice Holiday Sign Lighting
- The Doors legend and Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Robby Krieger, lights up Venice!
- LA Rams with a Venice Sign lighting and block party
- 5th Annual Venice Sign Holiday Lighting & Block Party
- 4th annual Venice Sign holiday lighting block party
- 3rd Annual Venice Sign Holiday Lighting with P!nk
- First-ever lighting of the “O’Venice” Sign
- 1st Annual Venice Sign Lighting with Robert Downey Jr.
- 100 Year Celebration of the Venice Chamber and the lighting of the Venice Sign.
- Click here to view all Venice Sign Lighting photo galleries by Venice Paparazzi.