A little Venice History! The legendary Abbot Kinney introduced the world to Venice in 1905 on the 4th of July. Spanning across Windward Avenue at Pacific (then Trolley Way), 3-foot high letters spelling VENICE glowed to electric life!
In 2007, the Venice Sign Restoration Project recreated and installed the contemporary version of this historic sign. Since that time the Venice Chamber has been responsible for the Sign and for protecting its trademark. View photos of the the June 24, 2007 Venice Fest (the lighting of the restored Venice Sign for the first time.)
Today this lasting legacy is restored across Windward Avenue as a tribute to the celebrated Venice of years past and modern day gateway to the world famous Venice Beach.
LOCATION: 80 Windward Ave. Venice, CA 90291. Metered parking on Windward Ave. Parking lots on Windward Ave and Speedway.
ADOPT A BULB & BE PART OF THE VENICE SIGN!
Continuing year-round, the Venice Chamber of Commerce raises funds to support the maintenance of the VENICE Sign. Through the Adopt-a-Bulb program, direct donations and license fees we are able to provide for inspections and repairs, ensuring that the VENICE Sign remains a safe and beautiful symbol for all to enjoy. ADOPT-A-BULB become a part of the legacy. Click here for more info!
- Visitors are invited to photograph the sign for their personal use and enjoyment.
- The VENICE Sign is a federally registered trademark of the Venice Chamber of Commerce. To include the VENICE Sign in any form of published media please call (310) 822-5425, email [email protected] or complete an intake form.
For more Venice Sign info, visit www.VeniceChamber.net
- 12.05.14 Venice Sign Holiday Lighting
- 07.03.13 Venice Sign Summer Lighting and 108th Happy Birthday Cake & Sing-A-Long
- 12.30.12 1st Annual Venice Sign Holiday Lighting.
- 06.24.07 VENICE FEST. 100 Year Celebration of the Venice Chamber of Commerce and the lighting of the Venice Sign.
- Click here to view past Venice Sign Lighting photo galleries