The Venice Paparazzi headquarters gets a lot of calls and emails asking “what is open and what is closed in Venice.” Check out the lists below!
Updated: June 26, 2020
Here is what’s open in Venice!
- Restaurants are now open for In-Person dining. View list!
- All public beaches are open for active recreation only (running, walking, swimming & surfing – no group activities, no crowds/gatherings, chairs, canopies, coolers, grills, or sunbathing allowed on wet and dry sand). Details here.
- The Venice Bike Path is open. Details here!
- The Paddle Tennis Courts are open for single play. Details here.
- The Venice Skate Park is unofficially open. Watch the action.
Two of the LA. County-operated beach lots in Venice are open.
- The Venice lot and Washington lot are open. The Rose lot is closed. Details here.
Here is what’s closed in Venice!
- The Venice Pier
- Muscle Beach Gym
- Handball Courts
- Venice Beach Basketball Courts
- Kids’ Parks
- Gymnastic Area/Boxing/Sandpit
- Venice Skate Dance Plaza has been taken down and in the midst of another re-do. There were big problems with the first one that opened last August and they are re-doing it now. The area will not be completed until July.
For Venice Recreation information: Call 310 396-6764, or stop by their office at 1800 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, Ca 90291 .
Check out the following info from LA Dep’t of Recreation and Parks .
- The Venice Pier is closed.
- All public beaches are open for active recreation only (running, walking, swimming & surfing – no group activities, no crowds/gatherings, chairs, canopies, coolers, grills, or sunbathing allowed on wet and dry sand). City managed public beach parking lots are open with limited capacity. Piers remain closed.
- The Venice Beach Boardwalk/Ocean Front Walk is closed – with limited access to approved essential businesses only. This means you can only be on the boardwalk to pick up take-out food or to access business goods for curbside pick-up in compliance with the City and County Orders. You cannot loiter on the Boardwalk for any other purpose and will be allowed to enter and exit only to access these services.
- Venice Beach Restrooms remain open as follows: The Horizon Avenue Bathrooms (aka (Westminster Bathrooms) remain open 24 hours. There are 7 portable restrooms located on Rose Avenue that remain open 24 hours with handwashing stations.
- The other City Venice Beach restrooms at Washington Blvd./Pier, the North Venice Parking Lot Restrooms, the 17th /1700 Restrooms and the Brooks Avenue Restrooms are open 6:15 AM to 10:30 PM.
- All events and permits at all RAP sites or locations are canceled unless in conformance with County or City guidelines.
- New reservations for facilities or permits at RAP locations will be temporarily suspended.
Parks still remain open for walking, hiking or running; however, when visiting a park for exercise or respite, you MUST adhere to the City’s Safer at Home social distancing directives and must not participate in recreational group sports or activities that are incompatible with the City’s social distancing mandates and wear face coverings at all times.
Need more info?
- Call Venice Recreation Center 310.396.6764
- View message from Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks
If you have any questions regarding park operations, please contact [email protected] or call 213-202-2700.
COVID-19 related questions and comments, please call 213-978-1028 or 311.
For updated COVID-19 info from City of LA Department of Recreation and Parks, visit laparks.org/covid-19
City of LA Department of Recreation and Parks: laparks.org/covid-19
Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors.
Read more COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions on corona-virus.la/faq.