The Venice Paparazzi headquarters gets a lot of calls and emails asking “what is open and what is closed in Venice.” Check out the lists below!
View list of 20+ local restaurants open for take-out and delivery in Venice!
Check out the following info from LA Dep’t of Recreation and Parks .
- All public beaches are open for active recreation only (running, walking, swimming & surfing – no group activities, no crowds/gatherings, chairs, canopies, coolers, grills, or sunbathing allowed on wet and dry sand).
- The Venice Bike Path is open. Details here!
- The Venice Beach Boardwalk/Ocean Front Walk is closed – with limited access to businesses for curbside pick-up only. This means you can only be on the boardwalk to pick up take-out food or to access a business goods for curbside pick-up in compliance with the City and County Safer at Home Orders. You cannot loiter on the Boardwalk for any other purpose and will be allowed to enter and exit only to access these services.
- Venice Beach Bathrooms remain open as follows: The Horizon Avenue Bathrooms (aka (Westminster Bathrooms) remain open 24 hours. There are 7 portable bathrooms located on Rose Avenue that remain open 24 hours with handwashing stations.
- The other City Beach restrooms, Washington Blvd. Pier, the North Venice Parking Lot Restroom, the 17th /1700 Restrooms and the Brooks Avenue Restrooms are open 6:15 AM to 10:30 PM.
- You can still walk, jog, or skate in the park and on the Venice Boardwalk.
- Bikes are not allowed on the Venice Boardwalk. Bikers please use Speedway.
Here is what’s closed!
County-operated beach lots in Venice will be CLOSED. This includes lots at Washington Blvd, Venice Blvd and Rose Ave. These lots will remain closed throughout the entire Memorial Day weekend.
- The Venice Beach Pier
- Muscle Beach Gym
- Handball Courts
- Paddle Tennis Courts
- Venice Beach Basketball Courts
- Kids’ Parks
- Gymnastic Area/Boxing/Sandpit
- Venice Skate Dance Plaza has been taken down and in the midst of another re-do. There were big problems with the first one that opened last August and they are re-doing it now. The area will not be completed until July.
Need more info?
- Call Venice Recreation Center 310.396.6764
- View message from Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks
In response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and in accordance with the most recent LA County Department of Public and Health orders, and the Mayor’s Safer at Home directives, the Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks (RAP) provides the following update on programming, events, facilities, park amenities and usage.
Parks still remain open for walking, hiking or running; however, when visiting a park for exercise or respite, you MUST adhere to the City’s Safer at Home social distancing directives and must not participate in recreational group sports or activities that are incompatible with the City’s social distancing mandates and wear face coverings at all times.
If you have any questions regarding park operations, please contact [email protected] or call 213-202-2700.
COVID-19 related questions and comments, please call 213-978-1028 or 311.
For updated COVID-19 info from City of LA Department of Recreation and Parks, visit laparks.org/covid-19
City of LA Department of Recreation and Parks: laparks.org/covid-19
Follow Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors.
Read more COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions on corona-virus.la/faq.
Here is where to buy non-medical face coverings in Venice. Support local entrepreneurs! Click here to shop local!
Check out this list of 20+ local restaurants open for take-out and delivery in Venice! View list