Alright friends, it is time to bring your A game! Summer is quickly approaching, and this is your year to shine!
A big part of that is how fit you are. So, let’s get cracking on the physical part of your personal evolution and turn you into best version of yourself possible. We have a whole slew of suggestions to get you into lean, mean fighting shape!
1. Train at the beach! Surf, swim, body board and splash around in the Pacific Ocean. Go for a deep sand run or power walk in ankle deep water. Volleyball courts also available. You can rent or buy surf, body and skim boards at Maui and Sons’ Surf and Skate Shop if you do not have your own. Or, grab a Frisbee or a ball for some catch. Marvel at the planet’s largest ocean or meditate into your own universe, either way the beach has the perfect spot for everyone. Showers and bathrooms located by and on the beach at the Venice Pier, North Venice Blvd, 17th St., Market St. Brooks Ave. and Rose Ave. Admission is free!
2. Work out at Venice Beach Recreation and Parks. Venice’s ocean front recreation is known the world over! From the iconic Muscle Beach Gym to the basketball courts, no trip to Venice is complete without a day in the park. The Rec & Parks office offers handball, basketball, boxing bag rentals free with valid I.D. Paddle tennis racquet rental $5 with valid I.D. Instructors also available. Courts are first come first served. View flyer to view full list of Venice Recreation and Parks’ facilities. t Venice Beach Recreation and Parks Office, 1800 Ocean Front Walk. 310.399.2775
3. Grab a workout a the iconic Muscle Beach Gym on the Venice Boardwalk. Outdoor gym with free weights, machines, power rack, powerlifting bumpers & more. Bodybuilder Hall of Fame also found here. $10 day pass or $20/month. 1800 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, Ca 310.399.2775
4. Fuel up and eat clean at Muscle Beach Juice Bar. Power up on wheatgrass and ginger shots, fresh juice, smoothies, protein shakes, breakfast burritos, vegetarian options, more! Located on the Venice Beach Boardwalk across from the world famous Muscle Beach Gym. 1809 Oceanfront Walk. Venice, Ca 90291.
While at Muscle Beach Juice Bar, get the Muscle Beach Souvenir cup! Grab the iconic orange dumbbell cup for your favorite smoothie drinking workout fiend. As well, for all your supplement needs, check out Muscle Beach Nutrition, located next door to the juice bar.
5. Play game of basketball at the world famous Venice Basketball courts.
8. Ride or skate the bike path! The bike path that runs along the beach spans 17 miles, from Pacific Palisades to the Palos Verdes peninsula. No pedestrians on path!
9. Skate the coast or take a lesson and drop into the snake run at the Venice Skate Park! Buy or rent a board from Maui and Sons! Maui and Sons is the only place in the V that gives full on skate lessons. They will equip you and show you how it done! Or, you can rent a board and skate the bike path. Either way it will be rad! And, they also do full package surf lessons! 1415 Oceanfront Walk Venice, CA (310) 392- 6284.
10. Power walk and be entertained on the Venice Boardwalk!
11. Commit to a daily walk in the Venice Canals!
17. Want to take a surf lesson? Check out Maui and Sons! Maui’s offers packages that include wet suits, boards and a qualified instructor. They also have body boards, beach supplies and more!
18. Grab your Fitbit, and power walk Venice using the Venice Activities CheckList and Map! If you take photos #VeniceBeachFun. View and print.