This trendy boulevard, named for the city’s founder, is full of hip boutiques, amazing restaurants and bars, coffee shops, art galleries, and beautiful people.
Following insert from www.AbbotKinneyBlvd.com
History and modernity in a one-mile stretch. In 1990, West Washington was renamed to Abbot Kinney, after the man who built the Venice Canals. Throughout the years it has been developed by the diligence of the merchants and the support from the growing community. Now Abbot Kinney is not only an up and coming attraction for tourists, but it also serves as a local gathering place for west side residents. With some of the finest restaurants, unique art galleries, prestigious wine shops and exciting nightlife, it is evolving from a historical destination, to a place that is writing a new history.
Suggested Venice Paparazzi Activities:
- Attend a First Fridays and Food Truck event on Abbot Kinney
- Shop or window shop on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
- Dress up in your finest, and stroll Abbot Kinney Blvd.
- Dine and drink at Salt Air, Sunny Spot, Hal’s, The Brig, or Casa Linda!
- Grab a slice of pizza at Abbot’s Pizza
- Need a caffeine fix? Go to, Tom’s, Blue Coffee or Intelligentsia Coffee!
- Keep you eye out for Venice murals by Jonas Never, Isabelle Alford Lago and more!
- Free self walking tour of the Venice Public Art on Abbot Kinney Blvd. Street art by Robin Murez
- Shop at the Abbot Kinney Marketplace. Every 2nd & 3rd Saturday of the month! 11a.m.-5 p.m. 1010 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
- Get your hair done at Trim Venice’s hottest hair salon!
- A cold press juice at Kreation is a must!
- Ice cream and gelato at Salt N Straw
- Yummy donuts at Blue Star!
- Get some classic So. Cal apparel at Aviator Nation, Topo Ranch or Stronghold.
- Fashionistas go to Principessa
- Food trucks on Abbot Kinney Blvd every first Friday
EVENTS ON ABBOT KINNEY BLVD:
1. First Friday’s on Abbot Kinney Blvd. Every first Friday of the month, Abbot Kinney Blvd transforms into a late-night hub of activity, with stores open late, a delicious array of food trucks and live music and entertainment filling the streets. The evening runs from 5 – 10 PM with all the local merchants joining together to feature the best artists, gifts, products and music.View AKB pics by Venice Paparazzi
2. Food trucks on Abbot Kinney Blvd. Forty or so A-list trucks are invited to participate on the First Friday of every month. You’ll find an ongoing rotation of innovative, new cuisines along with your standard favorites. The trucks are carefully vetted and assigned to particular spaces along the street. Enjoy your meal in the Picnic Area on Palms Blvd. Fun for the entire family. Great date nights. Fun thing to do with friends! View map of food trucks here.
3. Save the date Sept. 30th for the Abbot Kinney Festival! Event hosted by the Abbot Kinney Merchant Association. www.AbbotKinney.org
Here is a fun Venice Paparazzi fact! Venice Paparazzi has been the official photographers for the Abbot Kinney Fest since 2014. View past ABK Fest pics!
4. Annual Abbot Kinney holiday stroll and snow day! 2018 Event date: TBA. Event hosted by the Abbot Kinney Merchant Association. www.AbbotKinneyBlvd.com.
5. The Brig’s Craw Fest. 2018 Event date: TBA. A down-and-dirty, good-times crawfish boil, the traditional way: 700lbs of crawfish, Andouille sausage, corn, potatoes, classic boil seasoning, and a pot. It’s all poured directly onto the table for all to share and enjoy. Make a mess, get your hands dirty, play a game of Cornhole and wash it all down with a cold Bud! View event pics by Venice Paparazzi.
PARKING: Street parking and public pay lots on the east side of the street. Click here for more info on parking in Venice!
For more info on Abbot Kinney Blvd., check out these sites!
- Abbot Kinney Festival AbbotKinney.org!
- Fan and followAKF on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
- View Venice, California history lesson by Venice Paparazzi’s Alex
- For all Venice Beach Fun: www.VisitVeniceCA.com