Ready to get involved? Join the Venice Neighborhood Council! They will be electing a new community officer at their upcoming September board meeting.
Who can apply?
Stakeholders (those who live, work, or own property within the VNC boundaries) are welcomed to apply for consideration for the Community Officer’s position on the Venice Neighborhood Council (VNC) Board of Officers.
VNC Mission Statement:
To improve the quality of life in Venice by building community and to secure support from the City of Los Angeles for the resources needed to achieve our goals.
It is strongly recommended that you review the VNC bylaws before applying. They can be found on the VNC website at venicenc.org/files/090922%20Bylaws.doc
Here is a message from the VNC!
Nominations were opened at the August 18th Board meeting at which time applications will be available as well as online at : Click here for application. They must be returned by email to [email protected] by September 8th at 7PM for the VNC Adcom zoom meeting. at which time the nominations will be closed. The Board will select a new member at the September 15th Board zoom meeting. Applicants need to show proof that they are stakeholders either at the Adcom or Board meetings and may be given a short presentation at the Board meeting. No representatives will be permitted to speak for the applicant. Applicants are encouraged to provide background information regarding their technical qualification for this open seat.
Here are the questions from the application.
1) Please explain why you wish to serve on the VNC Board of Officers.
- a) Have you served before on the VNC Board or other Neighborhood Council Board? If so, where and when?
- b) Have you served on a VNC Committee? Which one and for how long?
- c) Please state your professional qualifications or related experience relevant to this position.
- d) How long have you been a stakeholder in the VNC area?
2) Please list your previous and/or current neighborhood or community involvement.
3) Please list the three most pressing issues that you feel are facing the Venice Community.
4) What do you see as the primary roles of the Venice Neighborhood Council?
5) What is your Vision for Venice?
6) Are you willing to participate in a VNC committee? Which committee interest you and why?
Interested? Apply For the VNC Open Community Officer Seat!
For more info: venicenc.org