Indulge your spirituality, up your romance game, or commune with Mother Nature! Whatever you reasoning, checking our the sunset over the Pacific Ocean is always a pretty darn good idea! Get it!
Perfect for dates, family outings, meditaion, etc. Admission is free. View some of our favorite sunset photos and viewing locations below!
Here is a list of best locations to watch a sunset in Venice.
- Plan a sunset beach jog, walk or just chill on the sand. The beach is the place to be!
- Visit High Rooftop Lounge! Full bar atop Hotel Erwin overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Venice! High is the premiere Venice Beach open-air rooftop lounge, where the nightly sunset is the main event.
- Watch the sun set as you work out, or play ball at the Venice Beach Recreation and Parks.
- Walk the Venice Pier and Santa Monica Pier for best sunset views !
- Go for a sunset surf or paddle out!
- Take a sunset cruise the bike path. Head north towards Santa Monica or Mailbu, or south towards Manhattan Beach. Rent bikes and skateboards from Jay’s Rentals. Local deal: All day bike rentals $15.
- Sit on a bench or at a pagoda on the Venice Boardwalk!
- Take a ride on the Ferris Wheel at Santa Monica Pier for breath taking sunset views!
- Hang out in the marina in Marina del Rey. It is beautiful and serene!
- Watch a Venice Sunset from the beach, Venice Pier, or under the V-Structure (located at the end of Windward Ave. and the Beach)
- Hang out at the bridge or take a stroll along the Venice Canals!
- For outdoor patios on the Venice Boardwalk, we suggest The Sidewalk Cafe’s or On the Waterfront
- If you rent a suite from, or Venice Beach Suites and Hotel, Venice Breeze Suites or Hotel Erwin, then you will have access to their roof top! Nice!
- In the Marina? Dine and drink at Tony’s Dockside and Grill! They have one of the best views of the marina.
- Stroll, hike or explore the Ballona Lagoon in Marina del Rey!
Did you know about Beaches and Harbor’s Beach Wheelchair Program? Beach wheelchairs allow users to roll across the sand for a “Front Row Seat” at the ocean’s edge! Use of beach wheelchair is free and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Details here.